Maiden name and documents needed for 2nd stage partner visa

chants

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me with this,all my documents I have used my maiden name on passport,driving permit,bank card etc)I recieved mail to submit police check,Stat dec for both Partner and I,Contact details of 2 nominees who know of our relationship,Passport details for both.

My question is will the use of my maiden name affect my visa?

And should I include more documents apart from the ones requested by the immi department?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me with this,all my documents I have used my maiden name on passport,driving permit,bank card etc)I recieved mail to submit police check,Stat dec for both Partner and I,Contact details of 2 nominees who know of our relationship,Passport details for both.

My question is will the use of my maiden name affect my visa?

And should I include more documents apart from the ones requested by the immi department?

Thanks

No it won't affect your visa: you will need to provide copies of marriage certificates (and divorce papers if applicable) to link the two names and when you apply for your police check you will need to tell them all the names you have been known by. This is relatively common in Australia where people have to show multiple forms of ID quite often.

Top tip for others: don't change your name when you get married as it makes the rest of your life much more complicated.

Should also have said: the name on your visa must match the name on your passport. It doesn't matter whether this is a married name or a maiden name, but the two must match.

No it won't affect your visa: you will need to provide copies of marriage certificates (and divorce papers if applicable) to link the two names and when you apply for your police check you will need to tell them all the names you have been known by. This is relatively common in Australia where people have to show multiple forms of ID quite often.

Top tip for others: don't change your name when you get married as it makes the rest of your life much more complicated.

Should also have said: the name on your visa must match the name on your passport. It doesn't matter whether this is a married name or a maiden name, but the two must match.

Thanks for the reply,I submitted the marriage certificate for the processing of the temporary visa,should I submit it again?

Archived