Why a referred medical and how long now.......

shiveringpom

Okay so now husband medical referred . No idea why as he has no medical record past or present and the medical/ X-ray/ bloods all were fine we were told . Uk nurse hence the cxr and bld tests . Is this random? Any ideas? Worth chasing up somewhere? Anyone else been in this situation and how long did it take????? Blimey first our application gets stuck between uk and oz then suddenly it goes ahead quickly only to get stuck again ! Straightforward applicants ..... Or so we thought! Lol x

You can't chase it up per se. Its been referred for some reason, many medicals are. For simple things like weight over a certain BMI or high BP. Doesn't mean it will be failed, just that for whatever reason there was something that meant it could not be passed off then and there. If you don't have any serious or ongoing medical conditions or had to provide a heap of medical notes and consultant letters etc I'd try not to worry overly.

Current wait time on referred medicals is about 3 months.

My medical was graded A but was still referred. It was referred on 30 April and I'm still waiting for a decision! Our CO said that once the med is cleared our visas will be granted. I have emailed global health who said they couldn't give me any timeline for when the medical will be looked at.

Hope you hear something soon.

Many thanks , he wears glasses and his BMI is 27 so not perfect but can't believe they are weight prejudiced under BMI of 30 ! Half of uk would never get in ! Lol . 3 months wait sounds fun tho so may aswell just put it all on the backburner then . Will the clinic tell u what grade u r for yor medical? Our 4th time back to oz but this time on a 189 and blimey each time we go it gets tougher and longer...... Better put him on a strict diet! , thanks x

Many thanks , he wears glasses and his BMI is 27 so not perfect but can't believe they are weight prejudiced under BMI of 30 ! Half of uk would never get in ! Lol . 3 months wait sounds fun tho so may aswell just put it all on the backburner then . Will the clinic tell u what grade u r for yor medical? Our 4th time back to oz but this time on a 189 and blimey each time we go it gets tougher and longer...... Better put him on a strict diet! , thanks x

I doubt it was about glasses or a BMI of 27, perhaps his blood pressure was just high, perhaps it was anything really. The clinic are not likely to know, they just fill in a report, they do not decide who is referred and who is not. It is very unfortunate to get referred at the moment as the time frames are very long.

Archived