Pearling Work.

dannymonaghan

Hello there, my friend and I are looking at moving up the coast from Sydney to do all or part of our regional work, we have had a look at a few different options one being pearling and would maybe like to try this out. Does anybody have any info on this or any contact details we could use like companies or recruitment agencies.

Thanks

Thanks i'll check them out. Is there a reason its almost impossible ? We've had a look online, some sites tell you there are people coming and going all the time, a lot of backpackers when its the right time of the season, if theres not much chance of work no point travelling that far up. Heard some bad views on he farm work ie picking fruit, so wanted to try something a bit different.

Cheers

Thanks i'll check them out. Is there a reason its almost impossible ? We've had a look online, some sites tell you there are people coming and going all the time, a lot of backpackers when its the right time of the season, if theres not much chance of work no point travelling that far up. Heard some bad views on he farm work ie picking fruit, so wanted to try something a bit different.

Cheers

Mate, you might get lucky doing a labouring job, but up there in the Dry, I think every youngster wants that kind of work. The rest of the pearling is strict security. Imagine 1 big pearl at $15,000 plus...The actual 'tech work is done strictly by the japanese.

Thursday Island has a small trade but I think that is tied up with rellies and is even more difficult to get into.

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived