Oven help

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok our oven blew, no idea what happened but we are looking at getting another the thing is this one has a plug socket but someone said they need to be hard wired is this true and does it mean if we get a new one it won't have a plug socket?:goofy:

Hmm, our oven is wired into the oven socket in the wall. The guy put the new one in, wired it up into the socket and away we went.

Ok our oven blew, no idea what happened but we are looking at getting another the thing is this one has a plug socket but someone said they need to be hard wired is this true and does it mean if we get a new one it won't have a plug socket?:goofy:

If the new one comes with a plug socket, no probs.

if it doesn't, a sparky could put one on in about 2 min. Do you know a tame one?

Eta - Have you googled the Qld electrical laws?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1781669

Our oven blew in our rental about a week after we moved in...

Turned on, fan worked lights came on, But no heat..

Was a simple fix, just needed a new element which was a 10 min job for the repair guy, if its just the element it will be as simple as that!!

Guest Ptp113

Usually Wired. Are you looking at a standalone range/cooker or a built in? Be careful as 'badge engineering' is rife in ovens and so many are shockers. We went through all this 7 mths back and bought a good un (from Blighty too).

Usually Wired. Are you looking at a standalone range/cooker or a built in? Be careful as 'badge engineering' is rife in ovens and so many are shockers. We went through all this 7 mths back and bought a good un (from Blighty too).

We imported our oven from the UK as well and it is fab!

We were told by an electrician that older houses do not have a switch at the wall to be able to turn the oven on and off, but new houses do. I think it is down to the laws of the state you are in. We have a plug to be able to turn it off at the wall for safety reasons (and also a surge socket I think my husband said).

Guest The Pom Queen

Thanks all we are still ovenless, however I did go in to Masters and asked about ovens with a plug he said all European models have plugs but Aussie ones are hard wired. So I am waiting for hubby to measure up.

Guest The Pom Queen
I just got a new westinghouse oven por667 which im pretty happy with. Not sure if hardwired or not? I assume it is

Ours which broke is a Westinghouse and is the one with the plug socket, I am reluctant to get the same one again as this is only 2 years old

Guest Ptp113
Thanks all we are still ovenless, however I did go in to Masters and asked about ovens with a plug he said all European models have plugs but Aussie ones are hard wired. So I am waiting for hubby to measure up.

So do you need standalone or built-in? 600mm, 900mm, or other size?

Archived