express uk passport

anonymouse

I am in Australia applying for a childs first british passport. I know back home you can pay around 77 quid for a 1 week express passport.

I am applying through Australia Post, anyone know if they do something similar or if I still just apply for the 1 week express passport and UK authorities process it in that time and get back to Australia Post?

Or will I be stuck waiting the 4+ weeks?

Thanks!

Guest Geordee

There isn't a quicker way from here, we tried it. But we applied for 6 and we had them all back in just under 3 weeks! They come from the UK via DHL so landed within about 2 days from receiving a tracking notification (to Perth).

Guest Guest55385

We paid nearly $300, or just over $320 for my hubby's passport here. You have to take the forms (print off the net) to the Aus PO. They get sent to NZ for processing and then are sent back. Very efficient, took 2.5 weeks.

I am in Australia applying for a childs first british passport. I know back home you can pay around 77 quid for a 1 week express passport.

I am applying through Australia Post, anyone know if they do something similar or if I still just apply for the 1 week express passport and UK authorities process it in that time and get back to Australia Post?

Or will I be stuck waiting the 4+ weeks?

Thanks!

You can't express a first passport due to the Identity checks that need to be carried out. You can have it fast tracked by getting someone in the UK to attend with all the relevant documents and also a signed letter of authority giving your permission but you might be better off with the Aus Post one as you then would have the costs involved additionally of Special Delivery etc, unless you need it urgently.

Archived