Received Date or Acknowledgement Date??????

Guest Anita

Guest Anita

Hi Folks,

I know i'm just looking into this far too deeply now but bear with me...... does anyone know whether I should be counting the months from the date that my visa app was received in DIMA's office or by the date on the acknowledgement letter? There is a difference of 2 weeks you see as they say in their acknowledgement letter it was received by them on 27th March but date on actual letter is 10th April. I have been counting from 10th April & I guess i'm just looking for something to cheer me up!

If anyone knows the answer to this I would appreciate it.

Cheers

Anita x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Anita

Unfortunately you have to count from 10th April. As far as DIMA is concerned, that is the start-date for the application.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Guys, I've just re-read the automated email that DIMA sent out this Tuesday (see below) and it does seem to indicate that the date it was received into the office is the date they refer to......what do you think?

Here's hoping!

Anita x

There is currently a delay in receipting and acknowledging applications and

most applications received in July 2006 are yet to be acknowledged. The

ASPC regrets any inconvenience caused by this delay but please note that

the date the application was received in this office is recorded and is the

lodgement date used in processing. Therefore this delay will not affect

the allocation of these cases to case officers. Steps have been put in

place to acknowledge the receipt of these applications and the delay will

be resolved in the next fortnight.

• 3 weeks later...
There is currently a delay in receipting and acknowledging applications and

most applications received in July 2006 are yet to be acknowledged. The

ASPC regrets any inconvenience caused by this delay but please note that

the date the application was received in this office is recorded and is the

lodgement date used in processing. Therefore this delay will not affect

the allocation of these cases to case officers. Steps have been put in

place to acknowledge the receipt of these applications and the delay will

be resolved in the next fortnight.

Hi Anita,

Can you tell me where the above came from? Am turning mentally unstable in anticipation of getting our Application acknowledged? Would it be rude to just phone up or will it end up at the bottom of the pile? Any advice anyone can offer is appreciated b4 I finally lose the plot. Stuck in limbo land.

Cheers.

Danielle

Guest Nelson

My advice would be to sit tight, occupy yourselves with research, research and a bit more research, get moral support from your new bessie mates on Pomzinoz and let DIMIA do their stuff. I know that it's much easier said than done and I clearly remember posting similar stuff when I was waiting! We are so swamped with stuff now that even though I thought we were well prepared, I am sitting at the PC with shipping company people packing around me and I can think of 1000 things that I could have done. Problem is, I can't string a coherent sentence together now, because I'm soooooooooo stressed out!

Patience is the buzz word!

Hi Danielle,

I got the info from the autoresponse email that DIMA update every Tuesday. You just send a blank email to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au and you will get an automated response telling you which dates the department are currently processing.

It took 3 weeks for us to receive an acknowledgement email from the date we posted our visa app but I have heard of it being shorter or much longer than this. We emailed DIMA recently to ask a question and it took them 5 weeks to reply! They seem to be very busy at the minute and maybe they are oblivious to the fact that we're all sat here chewing our finger nails waiting for news.

When did you post your application? Can you check that it was delivered, signed for and on what date? If the fee has been taken from your account then this is a sure sign that they have received your application. If none of these things have been done then maybe giving them a call is not a bad idea...I honestly don't think they would put you to the bottom of the pile just for asking (but the thought has crossed my mind too :) )

Good luck and keep us posted.

Anita x

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your reply! Finally, relief. Ack finally arrived and CC debited yesterday! Now the waiting begins but still feels better than thought of duplicating everything.

Good luck with yours, hopefully a CO within the next month fingers crossed.

D

Archived