Choosing a suburb?!?!

loumish

Hi Loumish! It's important to remember that whatever you want in London, so does a lot of other people. The amount of people that would love to be within the magic '30 minute' commute of London is incredibly high. Therefore if you're wanting to be able to compete with that demand, then it'll cost big ££! You may already have a job and salary confirmed, if so ignore the next sentence. Although $1600 a month and £1000 is the same when converted, it's not in real terms. £1000 is a worth a lot more in real terms and a lot harder to earn, when living in the UK economy. Therefore just be careful getting into something that you later find out is way above your means. London is a fantastic place, provided you have the money to enjoy all it has to offer. Therefore if I was you, I'd rather add on 15 minutes to my commute, if it meant I had the money to go out and about in London. It's pointless living closer to London, if you don't have any money left over in your budget to actually go and enjoy it.

Good advice :) yeah as i may have said we are happy to keep our options open location wise so a little further out would be just fine.

its just so hard not knowing.... well anything :) Just going to have to keep an eye out on prices of rentals etc over the next few months and see how we go!

thanks for your helpful response.