skills assessment - plumber (general)

kirksummers

hello all

i have my skills assessment - plumber (general) for vetassess coming up in a couple of months in london, i was wondering if there was anyone on here that has done it and could tell me what the day consisits of?

i.e. what do they concentrate on and what do they not normally bother with?

it also says to bring my own tools but they have some if unable, will it be a problem if i dont take any tools?

apreciate any help on this

thankyou

kirk

Hi mate, I did mine over in Belfast a couple of months ago! It was very straight forward if your an every day plumber, it consisted of looking at a drawing a doing a basic copper layout with a few mechanical bends and a few other things, we only had to solder our gas run and air test it as he saw that we where competent in soldering, we then had to do a soil and waste layout where you had to work out the degree of fall which was very easy. In the afternoon we then went into the classroom and went through a questionnaire/answer booklet and we went through the questions as a group but had to do some on our own but went through any we where stuck with after!

Again nothing to worry about mate!

I used the tools at the college as I flew over from Wales for the assessment which was fine.

Hope all this helps mate and it goes smoothly for you

Let me know if you need anymore information

Too easy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went to London in June for my OH assessment, it wasn't for plumbing but it was a long day! We arrived very early & they let us all park in the college so that was one less worry. The caretaker was lovely & invited me in for coffee!! My OH fell out the door exhausted at 4.45pm. I'm pleased to say he passed but he was convinced he'd failed. He said to take some water with you because there wasn't any real breaks apart from lunch. He did take his tools but said there was a good variety at the college. Good luck to you

Archived