Victoria State Sponsorship Requirement Question

Tuan Tran

Dear all,

I've just received the positive skill assessment that I am very happy with. Now we move onto the next stage of the process which is State Sponsorship Nomination. And the requirement for my occupation is 2 year work experience that I would be fine as I have been working for the company for more than 2.5 year. However, on the Skill Assessment outcome paper, it stated that "Employment assessed: from 10/2011 to 08/2012 and from 10/2012 to 05/2013" a total of 19 months, so there is a 5 months short. Honestly, I don't know why they forgot the period of my employment during 2010 - 2011 even though my reference letter already mentioned that.

So what should I do to fix it? should I call VetAssess to fix it or try to explain to VIC officer by writing a letter with a support of my reference letter from my employer.

I will highly appreciate any advices that would help me to overcome it.

Thank you a lot

Tuan Tran

• 3 weeks later...
Dear all,

I've just received the positive skill assessment that I am very happy with. Now we move onto the next stage of the process which is State Sponsorship Nomination. And the requirement for my occupation is 2 year work experience that I would be fine as I have been working for the company for more than 2.5 year. However, on the Skill Assessment outcome paper, it stated that "Employment assessed: from 10/2011 to 08/2012 and from 10/2012 to 05/2013" a total of 19 months, so there is a 5 months short. Honestly, I don't know why they forgot the period of my employment during 2010 - 2011 even though my reference letter already mentioned that.

So what should I do to fix it? should I call VetAssess to fix it or try to explain to VIC officer by writing a letter with a support of my reference letter from my employer.

I will highly appreciate any advices that would help me to overcome it.

Thank you a lot

Tuan Tran

In my opiniom the required 24 months do not need to be assessed. You can submit the skills assessment plus the reference letter for the missing months.

I submitted skills assessment covering 1 year and 2 reference letters covering one more year.

Also, I don't think it will make your case weaker - Victoria is very picky about people they sponsor, but I would guess they choose based on experience, education only.

Thanks guys, my state sponsorship had been granted less than 24 hs after lodging. Glad to say

hi tran,

glad to hear your good news, congrats on your progress.

i just noticed that your skills assessment only took about 8 weeks for a positive outcome?

may i know what's the occupation you asked to be assessed?

cheers!

Dear JoannaAch,

I have been working in OZ for more than 2 years in Melbourne, how about you?

Regards,

I live in Germany and I ma finishing my PhD in Pharmacogenomics this year. I have started applying for jobs already so hopefully I can move around Dec-Feb. What is your research field, if you don't mind asking?

I live in Germany and I ma finishing my PhD in Pharmacogenomics this year. I have started applying for jobs already so hopefully I can move around Dec-Feb. What is your research field, if you don't mind asking?

With the PhD under your belt, you wouldn't have any problems finding jobs in Australia. I am currently working in a Downstream area of a Human Viral Vaccine Manufacturing at CSL Limited. My job is more likely an industrial life scientist with trials improving processes. However, with a major in Pharmacogenomics, CSL Limited and Bio21 are the one you may want to have a look, I am assuming you are moving to Melbourne as Vic sponsors you the visa. Anyway, best luck for your new journey coming to Australia.

Best regards,

Archived