457 visa, supporting docs etc

Hi There

I have now been approved the 457 visa and one of the requirements that my migration consultant is asking for is a comprehensive travel insurance that would cover until the I arrive in Australia. Can anyone advise on what insurance I would need to get? I'm assuming something like a single trip with enough end time to cover arrival and bit more in Australia?

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Our MA told us to get proper 457 visa compatible medical cover. (You can search that on the web). I wanted to look for something like a travel policy but was told that it could be rejected and then I'd have to pay twice effectively. Once we are in Australia, I'll re-assess and see whether Medicare is sufficient (reciprocal arrangement) or whether we still want to keep our new policies too.

Our MA told us to get proper 457 visa compatible medical cover. (You can search that on the web). I wanted to look for something like a travel policy but was told that it could be rejected and then I'd have to pay twice effectively. Once we are in Australia, I'll re-assess and see whether Medicare is sufficient (reciprocal arrangement) or whether we still want to keep our new policies too.

Oh ok , my migration consultant told me 'comprehensive' is fine and then to get Medicare after I've entered Australia, the insurance is just to cover between applying and entering the country. I was just thinking along the lines of single trip 2 months with sufficient cover?

All I have to go on is what I was told. Maybe some others on here can give advice too?

I did see someone on a 2008 post say they'd only got travel insurance but I thought (don't quote me) that I'd also seen that since then the requirement on level of cover had changed.

Anyway, I didn't pursue that route because I just wanted the visa quickly (ha ha considering its still not arrived!!)

Hope you get some better answers once the Australians start logging on!

Good luck!

Archived