Anyone on 163-Visa in Hobart ?

ozb

Hi,I am new to this forum and recently underway of getting my 163 visa as already completed medicals couple of months back, visited HBA last year and found it very beautiful.......now just want to know if someone already on the 163 visa and acquired the business, what is the experience so far and how easy is the business environment there so far? Which area`s are good so far for the retail business? On state sponsorship you have to follow the business plan which you already mention in your application or you can change if there is no availability of the business or existing business over priced?

I don't know anyone who has arrived on the 163 visa and I can't recall anyone mentioning it during the 3+ years I have been reading this forum.

I don't think anyone would describe the business environment as easy: unemployment is the highest of all the states and people often complain about the amount of red tape needed to establish a business. However, that is not to say that people with a good eye for opportunities and willing to work hard cannot succeed well.

This website might provide some useful information for you:

http://www.business.tas.gov.au/

I don't know anyone who has arrived on the 163 visa and I can't recall anyone mentioning it during the 3+ years I have been reading this forum.

I don't think anyone would describe the business environment as easy: unemployment is the highest of all the states and people often complain about the amount of red tape needed to establish a business. However, that is not to say that people with a good eye for opportunities and willing to work hard cannot succeed well.

This website might provide some useful information for you:

http://www.business.tas.gov.au/

Thanks skani for your kind reply,

rtu

Actually i`ve been to Hobart for my State Sponsorship Interview, and i found it very beautiful but on other hand due to the population of 200000 only found business opportunities very rare, looked for some business around CBD and suburbs but very limited opportunities which make me a little worried now cause the business i look for and already involved in are already sold or now not available, and also when i was in Hobart life after 5 PM seems to be dead, why is that so? now hope i get what i am looking for as Hobart seems to be peaceful place to live

Cya

and also when i was in Hobart life after 5 PM seems to be dead, why is that so? now hope i get what i am looking for as Hobart seems to be peaceful place to live

Cya

I don't think it's dead at all but, as you pointed out, the population is only 200,000, so that is very small by city standards (in fact, I think that it is only number 12 by population in Australia). So, if you are used to a large city, it is obviously not going to have the nightlife you are used to.

On the other hand, the fact that it is spread out over a large area - in two long narrow strips along both sides of the harbour - and the climate is too cool for much outdoor activity at night (except around midsummer), means that there is a lot going on which is probably not obvious to the casual visitor to the city.