QUANTAS-Migration Flights? Do they exist?

LojaChica

Hello All

Believe that Quantas do a "special" on Migration Flights? Does anyone else know about this please? Any Info gratefully recieved.........checking it out because A: Member of FF Programme and B: Believe there is increased baggage allowance for migrants? Thankyou!

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi ya

Hopefully someone else will have further information because when I spoke to Trailfinders they told me that Quantas do have migrant flights for those who fly direct with increased baggage allowance but the cost is about £900 for a one way flight.

We're flying to Oz via SA so we're not eligible anyway.

Sunsh1ne

Guest dave&donna

I saw a post about a special price for migrants earlier so went on qantas web site and it mentions special price but said only available by phoning local contact but office hours in london until half 6 so i missed them but if i get through and find out i'll post the details.

Donna xxx

Guest Biscuit

I joined HIFX yesterday and they sent me an email link for special quantas flight offers. I must be honest I havent looked at it yet. When I do I will let you know what it is offering!

I think all the airlines offer excess baggage when you are emigrating. I personally really like singapore airlines as I have had good experiences with them in the past.

Guest Guest12551

hi, yeah i have heard of this too. have done some research and found that you get a 50 kg baggage allowance, as appossed to the 20 kg... HIFX finance also do a deal with them for discounted fares, so you may want to check this out too.. if you sign up to HIFX they get you a discounted mortgage rate of %.75 below the base and also cheaper flights..!!!!! have a look on the web site

Thankyou All so far..................I saw a post on here from "someone" who said this but this site is so addictive and if you are participating all the time you can't remember who? SO I went on the Quantas site but I couldn't find a link? Other poster (?)said they were advertised at £399.00 and it was their Migration Agent who advised this! ARE YOU OUT THERE POSTER? Thankyou ALL anyway..........appreciate it

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello All

Believe that Quantas do a "special" on Migration Flights? Does anyone else know about this please? Any Info gratefully recieved.........checking it out because A: Member of FF Programme and B: Believe there is increased baggage allowance for migrants? Thankyou!

Hi there

Yes they do exist and they are a total rip-off.

I was told about this back in November by a friend who had just obtained her Contributory Parent visa. All excited, she booked an ordinary one-ay Economy seat with Quntas - £500.

Then she heard about the double baggage allowance so she rang Qantas to enquire. They told her that yes, they had a special migrant package that would include the double baggage allowance. Price? £800 for one, one-way economy class seat to Sydney.

I thought, "Surely she's got this wrong?" So I rang Qantas in London myself.

A most gormless girl answered the phone, but she answered it within 2 minutes whereas getting Singapore Airlines on the phone involves at least 30 minutes of listening to Muzak before a human eventually answers.

I asked about this "special deal" and was told exactly the same as my friend had been told. I told the girl that Singapore Airlines will chuck in the double baggage allwance within the price of the ordinary one way seat at no extra cost...

The girl conceded that if so, Singapore are offering a btter deal.

Then she informed me darkly that I should bear in mind that flying with Singapore Airlines would involve a couple of hours on the ground in Singapore. Does she think that flying Qantas doesn't also involve a couple of hours on the ground in Singapore or something?

However, if you want to use Qantas, then see what sort of deal you can get with them via the International Organisation for Migrants. The link is here and you have to e-mail IoM:

IOM - Contact Us

Alternatively you could try their London office which is here:

IOM London

However, do stress that you want the double baggage allowance (if you do.) They told me that Qantas is the only airline that they have a contract with for carrying migrants to Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Les & Woz
Hello All

Hi

My agent gave me a leaflet from Qantas regarding migration flights (last year) which were £399 + 40kg baggage allowance. I can't find the leaflet at the moment but will keep searching. Meanwhile, contact Qantas they must have details.

Les

Archived