Adding partner to 489 visa

cyberslam

hey all!

i got my Skilled - Sponsored (Family) 489 visa and i was wondering if its possible for me to add my wife on to this visa without me having a job in AUS? If so, what would be the procedure to do so?

Thanks in advance ;-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't add your wife to your visa - you need to apply for a subsequent entry 489 visa for your wife.

Dont think having a job in Australia yet is a criteria.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-489/. See application for subsequent entrant visa.

oo thats bad.. the process of subsquent entrant visa would be the same as the main one? same cost and all? :-|

thanks

You already have your answer above, yes there is another fee to pay. Why wasn't she on the original application?

another fee same as the original application fee i.e AUS 3,250 ? anywhere i can find the process of this?

wasn't married then so adding now...

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Dear firends.

My Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489), has been granted recently but while I was lodging my application and after my visa granted I was Single. Now I want to add my wife which we will get married tomorrow, to my visa. Now I have two concerns:

1. will my visa become canceled, if I announce my marriage? because I did not enter Australia yet, and I have not the Entrance Stamp on my Passport.

2. What kind of action should I take? Subsequent Entrant Visa - 489 is applicable for her and will it be granted within 6 months or there is another way to ask for a visa?

I am too worried and don't know the right answer of my question. Tomorrow is our wedding day and I still worry about the consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

1. will my visa become canceled, if I announce my marriage? because I did not enter Australia yet, and I have not the Entrance Stamp on my Passport.

There is no option indicating that you can not marry before first entry to Australia. So I think but not sure that your visa will be cancelled.

I don't know how to apply to Subsequent Entrant Visa - 489 so would be very glad to learn it...pls help

Dear firends.

My Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489), has been granted recently but while I was lodging my application and after my visa granted I was Single. Now I want to add my wife which we will get married tomorrow, to my visa. Now I have two concerns:

2. What kind of action should I take? Subsequent Entrant Visa - 489 is applicable for her and will it be granted within 6 months or there is another way to ask for a visa?

I am too worried and don't know the right answer of my question. Tomorrow is our wedding day and I still worry about the consequences.

Did you have the "must not marry before first visit" condition attached to your visa?

What conditions did you have on your visa?

Review them and that will tell you whether there is a problem or not.

^ where can we find those conditions attachd to the visa? :-|

I am interested as well.

You can find them in your visa grant letter. As much as I know there is no condition that one can not marry before the first entry

My friend who applied for 176 visa had that condition in grant letter. But in my case 489 visa, there is no such condition.

Does the link you gave above affect to all visa holders?

It is a condition, it works like every other condition, sometimes it is applied and sometimes it is not. That is why I have told OP to check to see if they have this condition.

A moment ago you said there was no such condition - now you say you know somebody who had that condition, honestly make your mind up, this isn't helping OP.

It is a condition, it works like every other condition, sometimes it is applied and sometimes it is not. That is why I have told OP to check to see if they have this condition.

A moment ago you said there was no such condition - now you say you know somebody who had that condition, honestly make your mind up, this isn't helping OP.

Well, it depends on visa types. My visa is 489 and my friend's is 176 PR visa. For 489 visa type there is no such condition

Well, it depends on visa types. My visa is 489 and my friend's is 176 PR visa. For 489 visa type there is no such condition

Do you know this for a fact? Or is it just because you did not have this condition? To be honest, I am a bit tired with the debate, all the OP needs to do is to see if he has the condition or not.

i just checked my subclass 489 visa grant letter and i didn't find any such condition that i can't marry after the visa grant..

can i take this as a confirmation or any other way to be sure about this?

If you don't have the visa condition, what are you looking for? I don't understand? They don't send letters to say you *don't* have these conditions.

You guys said that holder of 489 visa can apply to Subsequent Entrant Visa (489) for a partner. Does partner need to have IELTS examination or not? If yes, what should be the result?

If anyone knows which documents are needed for Subsequent Entrant Visa (489), please, write them here... Thanks in advance!

Archived