shipping car from oz to the uk

sparrow9999

hi guys

just wondering if anyone has shipped the car they bought in oz back to the uk

we are asking this because after reading another thread on here about bringing your car to oz they say you have to have owned the car for a total of 12 month, we bought a brand new Hyundai i20 but we have not settled and are thinking about going back to the uk we have had the car 6 months and was wanting to know how much it cost to ship back to the uk and if the 12 month ownership applies , sparrow9999

DONT DO IT!!!!

No idea on shipping costs or practicalities but look at second hand price for your car here and look at what it would cost in the UK like for like and you will most likely be a few thousand bucks better off selling it here!!!

Used cars are way way way cheaper back in the UK

Hi,

I have shipped a car from Melb to the UK back in 2006 and it cost around $2,000 from memory, plus another £200 or so to get it converted from km per hour to miles per hour. It seemed pretty straight forward, and took about 3 months. We had owned it for just over a year though so didn't come up with any of those issues. We didn't want to sell it at the time as we thought we would have lost too much money on it, but from what I can gather (my ex kept the car when we split) the car has spent most of it's time in a garage in storage in London so I don't think it was worth it in the end.

Archived