Reciprocal Healthcare on a 457 Visa from UK

Sydney13

Can anyone confirm exactly what the reciprocal healthcare agreement covers if a 457 visa is granted with a 4006A waiver???

Not sure if the waiver means you don't get reciprocal healthcare or not and DIAC are not being clear for someone as daft as me :mad:

Can anyone confirm exactly what the reciprocal healthcare agreement covers if a 457 visa is granted with a 4006A waiver???

Not sure if the waiver means you don't get reciprocal healthcare or not and DIAC are not being clear for someone as daft as me :mad:

If you have employed the services of George Lombard, your other thread suggests you have, then best talk to him. He will be best placed to provide most accurate and up to date info. I expect he'll quite happily break it down into digestible terms.

So I've just had a bit of a look online, from my understanding, a health waiver could be granted to your child provided your sponsoring company provides assurance that all healthcare costs will be met by them - they will have to sign to agree to this. Essentially, what this means is that any healthcare required that is deemed to be for, connected with, or as a consequence of, the condition the person failed on will not be covered by the reciprocal agreement. Any acute (accidental, for example falling off bike and breaking arm) is covered by the reciprocal agreement as this would not be something related to a pre-existing condition, and was deemed as a reason for failing the medical.

Very importantly (since you have talked about trying to get PR later) is this note regarding health waivers on the DIAC website:

Note: A health waiver that is available for a subclass 457 visa may not be available for a permanent visa.

Archived