Bank statements - how many for evidence ?

Yak

Hello

Hope someone can clarify for me please...we are putting together evidence for a 100/309 application and have a fair bit of proof of joint finances going back nearly nine years. I understand that we must document 3 years to be eligible for the permanent visa, but my questions are this :

1. how many should we provide for each year - every month/quarter/all ?

2. should we just provide the front sheet or every page or every page of the statement ?

3. should we put in 9 years worth as we have the ?

maybe I am thinking about all this too much...been in the planning for a while and now need a little help and perspective please

I'd just pull a random month or two from each year. Well, not that you need go to back 9 years but you can if you want.

Hubby also provided his last 2 years of salary slips to show he has been supporting us (showed statement with funds going between accounts).

IIRC we covered each year we'd been together but didn't include bank statements from every year. I think we used the annual summary for the most part. We used other bills to our addresses to give a fuller picture. Defo not years and years of bank statements. So say a phone bill to me and a council tax bill to hubby for the first year. Year 2, both on council tax, him water rates, me car insurance (with him as named driver). Year 3, bank summary to us both, phone bill to me, electric bill to him and so on.

We included a letter from the bank confirming when we opened a joint account. The only docs we had that could show we have lived at the same address for a number of years was tax credits statements. Even then we didn't have much that could show the whole 12 years! I only keep docs for 5/6 yrs then its shredded, even less for bills. It was pure luck I found tax credits letters going back to 2007! We just explained it in our statement that we didn't enter into he relationship with a view to getting a visa, so we didn't keep 'evidence'.

Be warned, your CO might keep most of the evidence & only send back the photos, cards etc. I was expecting stuff like council tax bill & tax credits letters back, but no! More annoyed that I overpaid the return postage!

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the advice...think I will take some out now then and make the paper-pile that is becoming my application a little smaller !!

Any recommendations what I can use for evidence of our social commitment - we are mad for holidays so all we really have is lots of holiday proof ie. tickets/photos but I am worried this is too limited ?

Thanks.

Thanks so much for the advice...think I will take some out now then and make the paper-pile that is becoming my application a little smaller !!

Any recommendations what I can use for evidence of our social commitment - we are mad for holidays so all we really have is lots of holiday proof ie. tickets/photos but I am worried this is too limited ?

Thanks.

thats more than we had! We're social hermits as we have kids & no babysitters nearby. Did go to a wedding but didn't keep the invite! We submitted a Christmas card & extra statements from friends.

I have seen loads of others in the forum submit travel tickets as evidence.

Thanks.

I think we put in one letter confirming a holiday booking for us a family.

We wrote about our social commitment/interests etc, shared and individual, in our supporting statements.

ETA - Don't send in masses of photos. Pick a random selection, a small number, scan them or print them off and just use those. You don't need pages and pages. I think we used about a dozen. A few from us at weddings, with our son over the years and that was about it.

Thanks for the replies....what you say makes a lot of sense. I wonder if I can pick your brains just a little further....

Which documents must I send certified copies of ? I am nervous about sending anything original in case of things getting lost.Obviously the passports/birth certs etc, should be certified copies, but I am unsure if I am sending photocopies of bank statements/council tax/insurances - are these acceptable just as copies or must I get everything certified ?

Many thanks ( and my other half thanks you too, as now I am getting my questions answered here I have stopped driving her mad !! )

No, you don't get everything certified. It would cost a fortune.

Things like bills, bank statements and so on just make copies of and send those in. You generally won't get the copies back then either.

We only had passports, BCs', wedding certificate and those things certified.

Archived