Visa 190 state nomination

Edzi

Hi. I have just submitted an expression of interest for 190 yesterday. I have selected WA and believe that the system has changed and that I cannot apply directly to the state anymore so i am assuming i will be contacted through skillselect if wa want to sponsor me. My question is that how long does it take a state once you have submitted an eoi to contact you since 1st july. Is it like the 189 invitation days or just whenever they want to let you know that they would like you to apply for sponsorship.

Thank you for any help given.

I think it depends on whether your job is on the SOL or CSOL and what the requirements are like in each state. I'm sure someone has already posted that it only takes days for them to nominate you. Sorry I can't be more specific but well done in finally applying and here's hoping you hear soon. :)

Thank you Murray 146. I am a registered nurse. I think it is on the SOL. I will just have to patient. I have 60 points for 189 and submitted eoi for this 24th june but no invite yet because of reset of occupations 1st july. I have put in for 190 so I will just have to wait. Thank you. I see you are awaiting your anmac. Mine took me 12 weeks. I still have to do ahpra. I have started filling out form but getting stuck with cv so might be in contact with you when i have finished my cv.

Hi, my EOI was submitted the beginning of January, was processed by mid April. We now have visa app submitted and been asked to arrange medi examinations and police checks. Hope everything works out for you.

Hi. I have just submitted an expression of interest for 190 yesterday. I have selected WA and believe that the system has changed and that I cannot apply directly to the state anymore so i am assuming i will be contacted through skillselect if wa want to sponsor me. My question is that how long does it take a state once you have submitted an eoi to contact you since 1st july. Is it like the 189 invitation days or just whenever they want to let you know that they would like you to apply for sponsorship.

Thank you for any help given.

Hi,

I read your post with some interest as I went through a 190 application backend of last year/early this year and wondered if there was any help I could offer. I was intrigued by your statement re no longer applying to the state as that was the first I'd heard of doing it that way round. I've had a quick look on skillselect but didn't see anywhere that had changed the criteria from when I applied. I'm not doubting what you say but I was wondering where you'd seen the change and if anyone else has noticed it.

Thank you all for your help and replies. I think what I am going to do is calm down as there is nothing I can do now. I have submitted eoi for 189 and 190. I believe that I will get an invite at some point and if all else fails I will qualify for extra 5 points next feb when i have three years experience. Will have to make sure i get that sorted before i turn 40 next year in December and lose more points. I have just sold my house so will be busy finding a house to rent and moving and sorting everything out so that will help bide my wait. Keep me posted though if you hear anything about any invites.

Archived