New to PIO could do with some help regarding advice given by Agent re our Visa options

Lovethesun

Hello everyone.

I've already seen some really informative posts on PIO so I'm hoping someone could offer us some advice on how to move forward.

Towards the end of last year my husband and I contacted an agent to start our visa process. According to the immigration website we have 60 points so our options would be 189/190. (189 preferred). Unfortunately just after we made contact with the agent I needed urgent medical attention. I wont go into details but after some very good NHS treatment we were forced to use our extremely precious visa money on surgery for me. (Hence our long delay) I'm very well again and we are all (my husband, our 2 gorgeous girls aged 11 & 13 and myself) desperate to get moving on the visa process again so last week we made contact with the Agent again.

Everything had been left in a positive place with the agent as we had 60 points and my husbands job in IT was on the list. They have now informed us that as my husband, who is the main visa applicant, will be 45 in Sept 13 its unlikely we will be able to get everything sorted in time.

I'm normally really organised and calm in a crisis but my head is in a complete spin at the thought that we may have lost our chance to move to Oz.

My husbands IELTs are booked for 27/7/13. Can anyone offer some realistic advice on what we can do to move things on quicker ourselves so that we can get our EOI in on time?

Thank you very much

Welcome to PIO

Do you already have a positive skills assessment? ACS skills assessments can take 8 -12 weeks, as stated on their website.

As you are speaking about the 189, your are in the hands of getting an invite by ranking, highest points invited first, and there are only 2 rounds of invitations per month - first and third monday of each month.

If you hold a positive skills assessment and can get the scores required on the first sitting of IELTS (IELTS results take 2 weeks to get back), there is a chance you could get invited before 45 birthday.

It really depends if you are ready to lodge EOI now.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

Yes my husband did the ACS last year so its the IELTS that are holding us up at the moment. He wasn't able to book them until 27 July................ but if that's all we are missing, then in theory if all is well with IELTS and the results are back in 2 weeks we could just about scrape our EOI in. Fingers and toes crossed then!! Thank you so much lebourvellec I knew someone could make sense of it all for me.

Just out of interest, what is the process for the 190? Are we putting ourselves under too much pressure, would this be easier?

Archived