results for IELTS

Shearer

well got our results back for IELTS L:9 R:8 W:8 S:9 average 8.5 so got the result that we needed for our points.

Just waiting on our TRA which was sent off in June. fingers crossed that we get a successful outcome then we can crack on with the next part.

Already in process of sorting out all the documents and getting them all certified so that I do not need to be running about for everything.

IF we get positive tra results do you recommend that we put in for our medicals straight away? Ho much roughly is the medicals?

Thanks

Wow your TRA is taking its time isnt it ????.When i did my Visa 5 yrs ago i put in for my TRA and had it all done and results in within a month !!!!(October 2007) I then did my practical assessment in the DECEMBER 2007 and our medicals were done towards the end of April 2008 ALONG with the police checks , the medicals only last for a period of 12mths during the Visa process well they did back then i am not sure how it works now , but if you had not received your Visa to be granted within the time period of the Medicals then YOU HAD TO HAVE THEM REDONE !!!!!!! it is a costly exercise.We had had ours done in Deansgate by a DR MILLIONS !! and it cost us for 2 Adults and 2 children under 12 back then 966.00 or thereabouts , but prices can vary depending on where your doctor is

We received a letter saying that they received documents etc but can take around 60 days to process or sometimes more. So its a waiting game really. Thankfully we don't need to do a practical so as soon as we get our TRA back we can submit EOI. Then it will be expensive for visa as family of 4. 2 little girls under 4. Think the visa itself is going to cost around £4000 then prob another £1000 if not more for medicals. £90 for police checks.

They new cost of visa is going to cripple our savings. But it'll be worth it when we manage to eventually get over there.

Think our planned date for going over in May 2014. Fingers crossed it all goes as planned.

Just make sure you practice the listening and look up different styles of writing and reading. Spent couple of days beforehand just getting to know what answers they expected. Keep calm and good luck

Just make sure you practice the listening and look up different styles of writing and reading. Spent couple of days beforehand just getting to know what answers they expected. Keep calm and good luck

Archived