AQF delay

massivepantz

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing massive delays trying to get an AQF qualification? My husband is trying to get a AQF (level 3 fitter) through australianskillassessments.com. They stated that the qualification would take between 2 to 8 weeks to get and we have paid out £2000 to the company back in February. However, it is now July (about 18 weeks since he applied for it) and he is no further forward. The company have said that there is a delay with the assessor but we are now beginning to wonder if we have made a big mistake in handing over our money!

Has anyone else had any experience with this company (or Darren Leak'e) and has anyone heard of there being delays with the assessor?

wendy

We used Darren of ASA last year to get an AQF III for my husband. It took us 5 months from start to finish. Remember there are three parties involved. The paperwork side seemed to take forever, but we appreciated that the Assessor had to check everything thoroughly. OH's interview took place within a couple of days of the final paperwork being assessed and OH was told on the spot by the Assessor that he had passed. There was a delay in the cert and transcripts coming through, but this was more about the TAFE than Darren.

We have nothing but praise for Darren. He really looked after us.

Thanks Candygirl, that puts our minds at rest a bit.

However, I don't think that they should advertise it takes between 2 to 8 weeks if it clearly takes longer than that....it has ended up costing my husband the job offer he had!

thanks again,

wendy

Archived