VETASSESS Papers Lost or Stolen - Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

CML1410

Hi All, submitted my online VETASSESS application on 16th June 2013 and put certified papers in registered post from Ireland on 18th June and now post office is saying they have likely been "lifted" as they are recorded as leaving Dublin but not recorded as arriving in Oz and although I keep checking the status update there is no sign of VETASSESS receiving them!!!! So pissed off as now have to do it all again ...... I have emailed VETASSESS to let them know and ask them how much time I will have to re-send everything before my online application lapses but no response as yet. Has anyone had this happen before??? Should I wait another week until I cancel my bankers draft or assume them to be definitely lost/stolen?? Also do you know how much time I will have to resubmit everything before online application lapses??

Also in my original application I did not send the statutory declaration stating I am out of Oz as the VETASSESS advice notes state if none of your jobs has been in Oz you don't have to -- does anyone know is it a definite requirement to send that??

A very pissed off Carmel :cry:

Guest guest30085

Hi Carmel

I would ring Vetassess on Monday and just double check whether they have received them. Can it actually be tracked abroad? I know some of the products offered by Royal Mail could not be tracked once it leaves the Uk. Try Vet first you never know it may have turned up. They tend not to acknowledge receipt of your documents for over a week :/.

Good luck, I hope you don't have to do it all again

Vetassess give you 60 days to get docs to them once you've applied online

Hi Carmel

I would ring Vetassess on Monday and just double check whether they have received them. Can it actually be tracked abroad? I know some of the products offered by Royal Mail could not be tracked once it leaves the Uk. Try Vet first you never know it may have turned up. They tend not to acknowledge receipt of your documents for over a week :/.

Good luck, I hope you don't have to do it all again

Vetassess give you 60 days to get docs to them once you've applied online

Thanks adonna, :biggrin: I have emailed them but you are right I should ring them and speak to someone to see. The guy in the Irish post office tracking system was able to access the Oz tracking system (v. fancy!) and that is how he was able to tell me that it hasn't even been registered as arriving in Oz and that is why he thought it had been stolen!!

I suppose if it is 60 days I do at least have time to re - do everything. I have learnt a big lesson and will be sending everything by courier from now on!!

Thanks Carmel

Archived