Car rental - Sydney Airport

SunSea

Hi there. My better half and I, oh yes, and the kids too, will be moving to Sydney in a month. Presently we are frantically looking for where to stay, areas to avoid, what we can afford, etc... Think we both agreed a few nights ago that emigration is not for the feint hearted. Anyway, just wondered if anyone could give any advise around what the best place would be to hire a car from - guessing we would need one for a few weeks until we can buy an old banger somewhere. Thinking we would probably also need to choose a place that offers pickup from the airport.. Can anyone suggest a reasonable place that offers rentals at a reasonable price please? Thank you, Keith :biggrin:

I think you'd be better off getting a cab from the airport, rather than picking up a hire care from there. Pick up a car later. I can't imagine anything worse than getting off a 24-hour flight and trying to negotiate Sydney traffic.

Plus any car picked up anywhere but from the airport is likely to be cheaper.

I also recommend Bayswater as in the previous post. Their cars are all Toyotas Corollas and (assuming you can fit into one) are good value when compared to other rentals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiring from the airport is so much more expensive, when i was back home at Christmas i managed to get a great deal from Hertz for 3 weeks. The price i got was alot more competitive than Bayswater..... I picked up from the Artarmon branch.....its just a short ride over the bridge on the lower north shore...

Archived