Plastering work

Moriarty5

Hi

We are in the early stages of planning our emigration to Oz, we are looking at the Gold Coast area. My husband is a plasterer of ten years and is concerned about how much work there will be for him. We have seen from other posts that there is alot of external plastering, does anyone know if the following products are used all of which he has experience using -

STO render, Marmorit render, Monocouche.

He is also experienced in Polished/Venetian plastering.

He has not actually got any formal qualifications, does anyone know if that will be a problem when getting his trade recognised?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Louise

Hi Louise,

Just wanted to welcome you to PIO.

Sorry cant really help with any of your questions, but just wanted to extend the hand of friendship and say "hello" from another plastering family!!

Think you may struggle to fit any of the TRA criteria at present - if you check out http://www.workplace.gov.au - Home this is the TRA website, follow links for skilled workers and then check out the Uniform Assessment Criteria - at present you have to prove formal qualifications/training (they withdrew the pathway that allowed assessments purely on experience in September 2007). They are currently reviewing all the pathways and a decision is expected at some stage - indications at the moment appear to be "sometime before July" (hopefully for you, and many others here, it will be a lot sooner).

Hope you get the other answers you are looking for, someone here is bound to know!!

Good luck

• 6 months later...
Hi

We are in the early stages of planning our emigration to Oz, we are looking at the Gold Coast area. My husband is a plasterer of ten years and is concerned about how much work there will be for him. We have seen from other posts that there is alot of external plastering, does anyone know if the following products are used all of which he has experience using -

STO render, Marmorit render, Monocouche.

He is also experienced in Polished/Venetian plastering.

He has not actually got any formal qualifications, does anyone know if that will be a problem when getting his trade recognised?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Louise

Hi!

Just saw your post from earlier in the Year.

I was General Manager of Marmorit UK in England until I came here in 2003. Would be interested in having a chat if you are still thinking of coming over.

Regards

Chris

Archived