189 and 190 whats the difference

whats the difference with 189 and 190 visa? we are getting all our tra details together and my oh trade is on the sol list and he passes all the guidelines but just wondering which is the best visa to go for. we are 2 adults and have 2 children. i was under the impression of 189 but someone said 190 is better but thats state sponsored. must be a difference??

i know the difference is 189 is 12months processing time and 190 is 6months processing time. is this the only difference other than the 2 year rule?

They're both the same except you get an extra 5 points for state sponsorship with the 190. If you don't need the extra points the 189 is probably better because you don't have to apply for state sponsorship and you can live anywhere.

Timescales seem to vary -I applied for and got my 189 granted in close to a month.

Some states charge for sponsorship so that's another cost to take into consideration. The 2 year rule is an important one to take on board. If you can get a 189 and the extra processing time isn't a major factor then most of us would go for that option as the freedom to move where you like is a great attraction.

whats the difference with 189 and 190 visa? we are getting all our tra details together and my oh trade is on the sol list and he passes all the guidelines but just wondering which is the best visa to go for. we are 2 adults and have 2 children. i was under the impression of 189 but someone said 190 is better but thats state sponsored. must be a difference??

i know the difference is 189 is 12months processing time and 190 is 6months processing time. is this the only difference other than the 2 year rule?

If you have the choice, that is enough points, then the 189 is better.

Archived