What is your job/skill?

Guest thomasross20

Ime a truck driver and O/H a childrens community nurse, going on her skills, she wants to go part time and send me to work full time, which will probably happen lol, i have a job to go to so ime kinda lucky.

If you're comming out here to drive trucks you had better practice hogging the outside lane and dealing with exploding tyres.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Edinburger

I'm an Acoustical Engineer. We do all sorts of things, such as, predicting and monitoring noise from construction sites, roads, airports, railways, mines etc to make sure they don't annoy people, design theatres and opera houses to ensure you can hear as well in XX34 as you can in A1, try to ensure you can't hear the couple next door shagging when your staying in a hotel on holiday, advise on acoustics health and safety etc.

That's a pretty recent shift though. I have a degree in Environmental Geology and spent 6 years designing, modelling and building landfill sites (so they didn't leak!), wind farms, recycling centres etc. Then I did a postgrad in acoustics engineering and here I am.

Othe rhalf is a qualified French/Spanish high school teacher that currently works in IT training.

If you're comming out here to drive trucks you had better practice hogging the outside lane and dealing with exploding tyres.

OMG That is sooo true I couldnt belive how many vehicles we see on the road side or in the middle of the road with exploded tyres !! Weird!

Guest scots-in-oz!
Ime a truck driver and O/H a childrens community nurse, going on her skills, she wants to go part time and send me to work full time, which will probably happen lol

Sounds like she has the right idea there! Would like to do the same eventually, but will wait & see what happens.

Mags:wubclub:

x

Guest Cellefrouin

Hi,

Husband is a Mechanic. Me: babysitter, cleaner, chef, dog walker, horse trainer, taxi-driver, gardener, secretary, personal shopper, nurse, pool attendant, agony aunt, animal rescue centre manager, poop cleaning general dogs body.....so you could say that I don't really DO much nowdays except stay at home with our 4 kids, 4 cats, 2 horses and 1 dog. Oh! and at the moment personal maid to my Mother-in-Law who came for a 2 week holiday over Christmas and is still here!!!! he! he! he!

Caroline x x x

Guest trixabella

o/h is a mechanic and cuurrently works for the AA.

Im a freeloader on o/h visa and mother of 3 kids.

sadly only 2 kids will be coming with us to oz, which will break my heart. Big time!.

I just hope that my oldest an my only daughter(18) will come out there to live with us all, one day!

Guest dave&donna

Loving this thread - great excuse to be REALLLLLY nosey and find out about everyone :policeman:

Oh hydraulic lift/fork lift truck engineer WITH THE JOB OFFER as he keeps reminding us.

I'm a primary school teacher but going to be an official MUMMY when we get there and get chance to take and pick up boys from school YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH so will be working in coles toooooo...... not bothered will be bin lady if need be!

Donna

Guest claireandmark

Im a Carpet Fitter/Floor laying super hero! My wife is a Teacher

Though i think she wants to become a kept woman if were succesful with our application:twitcy:

Guest sluggy

I'm an Electrical Design Officer in our glorious NHS, although using wife's 20 years as an RGN occupation for our visa.

Got invited to skills expo, not sure why, probably looking for sparkies mates..mind you, after reading this i do like the idea of being a moped postie...we could start the biking brits postie posse!

Guest julie2g1b

hubby brickie and me a NVQ teaching assistant

hope to just chill out for a bit before looking for work and dont mind what i do

just want more time with family in the sun

julie :wubclub:

Guest shar07

OH is an Electrician so I am freeloading too. I am a pre-school teacher but want to do something completely different in oz.

Guest The Birmingham Villains

Hi Aldo,

I am coming to Brisbane on the 19th for a formal interview with a civils company. Is there any chance I could send send you a PM to see if you have heard of the company or could find out before I go? As you can appreciate it is going to cost me an arm and a leg so any info would be fantastic.

Cheers

kev

Hi I am an hairdresser, just waiting for my state sponsorship from Victoria. My hubby is a warehouse operative but he is willing to do any work if we get accepted in OZ. We have 4 children, Arran 10, Cameron 8, Arwen 3 and Chad 18 months. We are just hopng for a better lifestyle out in OZ.

Hi Aldo,

I am coming to Brisbane on the 19th for a formal interview with a civils company. Is there any chance I could send send you a PM to see if you have heard of the company or could find out before I go? As you can appreciate it is going to cost me an arm and a leg so any info would be fantastic.

Cheers

kev

no problem

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xiaosylvie

Hi,

I'm graduated in international business and worked in export and marketing (food & industry)

O/H has worked as project manager in water industry, graduated as mechanical/production engineer and now in industrial purchasing.

Hoping to get sponsored, probably through him (so wish to be freeloading :jiggy:)

Guest fergie family

Hi

Hubby is a Civil Engineer/Drainer. And Iam just a shop assistant and not planning to work when we get over there ( i HOPE ).

Susan

Guest fergie family

Hi

Hubby is a Civil Engineer/Drainer. And Iam just a shop assistant and not planning to work when we get over there ( i HOPE ).

Susan

Archived