What is your job/skill?

Guest thomasross20

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest retiringgraham

toughspiders how did you here about this type of job i cant seem to find their sights

OH was with UK Police and will be a Civilian in the QLD Police

Hi Michelle, Let me know how you get on with your application. My oh is a Landscape gardener and because he has no formal qualifications in Landscaping he was refused. He has been a landscape gardener for 14 years.

Cheers

Fudge

Wow, what a thread, massive!

Well I work in TV production and find it bloody hard on the Gold Coast to find proper work, been lucky so far but not sure about next year, OH is an engineer for the medical field!

Got here on his skills and the fact I have lovely family in Melbourne, so I think that means I can just be a bum and sit on the beach :).....if only!

Guest scot-aussie-scot

BEng Honours in civil engineering, was a chartered civil engineer but gave that up in 1999 to work in IT.

I am now a senior mainframe developer working for one of the main high street banks (oh dear!). Planning to extend my IT skills this year by sitting 8 Microsoft qualifications and gaining project management certification.

I lived in Oz (Newcastle NSW) as a teenager, hence the dual nationality and this means we can move to Oz whenever we like, although having a job lined up before we go is very important! Melbourne or Perth are our favoured locations, Melbourne more likely because of my work.

Hi Michelle, Let me know how you get on with your application. My oh is a Landscape gardener and because he has no formal qualifications in Landscaping he was refused. He has been a landscape gardener for 14 years.

Cheers

Fudge

Hi Fudge o/h has formal qualifications and completed an apprenticeship. He passed the TRA so fingers crossed for the visa :wink:

Guest sparkyinoz

Dual trade now, came as electrician now learning refrigeration also.....

Was pissed off with the weather mainly in UK working on building sites in thermals gloves and wooly hat, now I work in a singlet and shorts nearly all year rnd Cairns tropical paradise................

Guest Woodaril

Passionate about workplace safety............need to get out more. Believe in a balanced, proactive, transparent and approachable way forwards in Occupational Health & Safety!

Guest THE RICKARD'S

I am an Electrician and my wife is a Hairdresser. We have applied for a 175 visa,sold the house(S.T.C) and my vetassess practical is in February.Getting closer.

Guest Ellie3

I am a Payroll Administrator....very boring and Hubby a Brickie for 28 years. I'm the free loader on his visa. Can't wait to live in the sunshine!!

Archived