Awaiting reply from Visa Bureau

dannymonaghan

Hello , not sure if this is the right section ,I was granted a 12 WHV in Oct last year and leave for Australia on the 1st of July this year , I noticed recently that my passport would expire when I'm in Australia , I contacted the visa department who told me if I were to apply for a new passport I should contact them with the new details and scanned copy of the new passport. I done this and sent off the email on the 2nd of June and got an automated response email the same day however I'm still waiting for confirmation they have accepted the new passport and allow me to travel with the visa on the new passport. Anybody have any idea how long they take to reply or should I now give them a call as its getting closer to my departure date.

Cheers.

Give them a call to check, but it shouldn't be a problem. I got a new passport before I came out here and completely forgot about informing them. With all that was going on I just didn't think about it, but it was no problem at all. I travelled on my new passport and just just carried my old one with me. All they said to me was to change it as soon as possible on arrival.

Just give them a call to check, but you will be fine.

Archived