Bit of advice needed

BenMcphee88

Hello all,

i've been trying to understand the new rules with regard to emigration fees etc. Firstly am I right in saying myself and my partner will now need separate visas? I saw that online people are now paying double where they were before. I will qualify in mental health nursing and my partner as a teaching assistant in 2 years. I am trying to get a figure of how much everything will cost to move myself and my partner and our 2 cats. we won't be looking to ship anything over and looking just to rent initially until we can apply for a mortgage. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost (the minimum) and how things like employer sponsorship would work? I've heard a qualified nurse can sometimes get sponsored migration, though i'm unsure as to what this involves.

thanks for your help

Nick :)

You will still both be on same application, but there are now from 1 July additional charges for secondary applicants. Which will be extra $1530 in your case if just you and your partner. One granted you do both have individual visas, but there is only one application form.

Yes nurses can find employer sponsorship but this is often just a tempory 457 visa. A 457 visa has 28 day rule if you lose or keave ypur job you have 28 days to find new employer or leave australua. As a nurse you will still need to do medical, for 457. You should research both types of visas, but if planning to make the move permanent the PR visas always best to go for.

Archived