Shipping company and extra charges white or crown

peter bull

Hi all

Ive had a quote from crown and whites both for a 20ft container from Lancashire to Perth, difference in price £1300 crown do pay aquis fees roughly £300 so still £1000 adrift ? Can anyone who has used whites give me any feed back it does state on there quote they do not pay duties,taxes,import transaction fee can anyone advise me on this as to what to expect at the other end I may ave to pay these with crown to ill have to look back over the quote. I've still got PSS and Pickford's coming around at the end of the month, I've heard good things about crown but unfortunately they are quite a lot more any advise greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Have you told Crown your dilemma? They may reduce their quote for you.Its definitely worth asking.

We paid abit more and did use Crown, i dont regret our decision, they were great, sometimes cheapest isnt always best IMO.

Cal x

Hi cal

totally agree, both crown and whites have the best reputation for having the least amount of claims through IYM and have both been operating for a long time, we dealt with a guy called Andrew healey from crown and had worked with them for over 20 years so knew his stuff. How did you get on with Garry's tools when shipping them I've got loads and not sure how to go abut insuring them was thinking of using IYM but if I was to list everything then I would need about 20 pages, I've got receipts for around 10g but realistically would have nearer 20g. Thought of taking pictures of them laid out on the drive it must have took me about 2 weeks to clean them all lol :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

We had a number of items damaged with Crown but then I think there are good and bad things said about all the companies

We used Crown and had no regrets. We weren't impressed with White at all when the rep came over. Hope that helps.

Yes I thought the same the crown rep was ver good and experienced the white rep didn't seem to know his stuff :biggrin:

We have a similar difference for quotes from Crown and Whites. The Crown quote was arranged through my Aussie employer and they seem to be Aussie based whereas Whites are UK. I wonder how much of the difference is just the current exchange rate?

Archived