Returning Home?? Advice

baz6679

Hi All

Just sort of looking for some advice re the issue of returning home. We have a 175 visa and have been here almost 2 years now. What are the implications for the visa if we return home? Can we come back to Australia again? How long away from Australia would the visa de activate? I am just finding out the practical advice required. What happens re Super, Tax etc. We have been toying with the idea of wife and kids returning home first and then myself at a later date.. Finding it difficult without the family support network and having 3 young kids. Any advice would be much appreciated and thank you all in advance

Regards:wink:

Hi, your 175 visa is valid for entry into Australia for five years from the date it was granted. When your 175 expires you can get another five years via a Resident Return Visa, providing you have lived in Australia for at least two of the previous five years. Your super will stay where it is until your retire. If you leave part way through a tax year you may get some back when you do your tax return.

We did similar, went back after nearly two years on a 136 visa (old version of 175). Three small kids, lack of family support. Just to add to Peach's reply, before we left, my hubby was able to do a tax return early stating he was leaving the country permanently (he was self-employed and wanted to pay what he owed). We ended up coming back to Australia after 4 months though, and have been here this time over three and a half years, getting citizenship last year. As you identified, you never know what will happen, and are best off to know where you stand. Best of luck whatever you decide x

Archived