How do I know if medicals referred

Mjwest

Hi we had our medicals on 30th may, there were 7 of us having a medical, myself my husband and our 5 children. My 16 year old son was born with a cleft lip and palate, but is not scheduled for any other treatment only braces now to straighten his teeth. The doctor who done our medicals at the bridge clinic maidenhead said there would be no problem with my sons medical and said that she would think it would go straight through without being referred, she added a lengthy note onto our file saying it was all fine no problems, good repair and no more treatment needed. I also had a letter from great ormond street hospital just to outline the treatment he has had since birth and again that there is no more planned surgery. The doctor said had the medicals still been done via paperwork she would have graded him as an A without a doubt but she said as it is all computerised now it will automatically be categorised as a B but she would hope with her letter and the hospital letter it would still go straight through but also said it depended on the medical officer the other end who picks it up as to if he is having a bad day or not. I know the medicals were going to be uploaded on Wednesday just gone, the link for organised your health checks has disappeared but is there anyway I can tell now what we were all graded as and how do I know if they have been referred or not??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi we had our medicals on 30th may, there were 7 of us having a medical, myself my husband and our 5 children. My 16 year old son was born with a cleft lip and palate, but is not scheduled for any other treatment only braces now to straighten his teeth. The doctor who done our medicals at the bridge clinic maidenhead said there would be no problem with my sons medical and said that she would think it would go straight through without being referred, she added a lengthy note onto our file saying it was all fine no problems, good repair and no more treatment needed. I also had a letter from great ormond street hospital just to outline the treatment he has had since birth and again that there is no more planned surgery. The doctor said had the medicals still been done via paperwork she would have graded him as an A without a doubt but she said as it is all computerised now it will automatically be categorised as a B but she would hope with her letter and the hospital letter it would still go straight through but also said it depended on the medical officer the other end who picks it up as to if he is having a bad day or not. I know the medicals were going to be uploaded on Wednesday just gone, the link for organised your health checks has disappeared but is there anyway I can tell now what we were all graded as and how do I know if they have been referred or not??

Hi there, we were in the same situation around 2 weeks ago, however i called the hospital i went to and they told me our grades, my daughter was graded a B so we thought we were in for the long haul, however today, we got the good news..... VISA GRANTED.....

Wow that is brilliant, I hope we have the same outcome!!! The other problem I have is that if our medicals are referred my eldest child is 18 in September so not sure if our application has to be completed by then??

Yes that's right, we done our meds and sent off for mine and my husbands pcc, since waiting for all of that our co has requested a pcc for my daughter who is nearly 18 and a form 80 for her, I sent her pcc off yesterday and have done it priority so should have that back by middle of next week and that is it all done then x

Oh really that will definitely stop me worrying if that's the case!!

I am not sure I agree with the above. The age of the main applicant is taken from the time of application, but I always thought child dependency was determined at time of decision not time of application. I would strongly urge you to keep your 18 year old in education until the visa is granted to avoid any possible complications.

Re the medical, you could watch your online status, it certainly used to indicate when a medical is referred, although it does depend on somebody updating status and they don't always do that. But for time being you need to wait, there is usually at least some gap between doing medicals and getting visa even if the medicals are not referred.

I am not sure I agree with the above. The age of the main applicant is taken from the time of application, but I always thought child dependency was determined at time of decision not time of application. I would strongly urge you to keep your 18 year old in education until the visa is granted to avoid any possible complications.

Re the medical, you could watch your online status, it certainly used to indicate when a medical is referred, although it does depend on somebody updating status and they don't always do that. But for time being you need to wait, there is usually at least some gap between doing medicals and getting visa even if the medicals are not referred.

Thank you for the information, I must admit all along I have thought that it needs to be finalised before she is 18..... But here's hoping not as if meds get referred it's going to be tight. And I will keep an eye on the status, is that the one in top right corner which at the mo is saying in progress?

Thank you for the information, I must admit all along I have thought that it needs to be finalised before she is 18..... But here's hoping not as if meds get referred it's going to be tight. And I will keep an eye on the status, is that the one in top right corner which at the mo is saying in progress?

I definitely did not say it needs to be finalised before she is 18. :biggrin:

I said that I believed dependency was determined at time of decision and full time education comes into that.

Note that if this medical does get referred, you could easily be into September before it is looked at.

Ok, we'll she is at college now, and has applied for next years course as we have carried on as tho we will still be here, so education is not a problem as that is what she was planning anyway.

Archived