Mechanic Recognition

Hubby is a mechanic, when we came you didnt need paper qualifications for the visa which was good as he did on the site training so had no 'paperwork'. So if you mean is the ATA recognised for the visa,i cant help sorry.

If you meant is it recognised by employers, then ,i really wouldnt worry, as long as you can do the job ,thats all most employers are looking for. References are much more useful than a paper qualification for a mechanic,imo.

Lots of luck, mechanics seem to secure work quite easily compared to other trades so good luck job hunting.

Cal x

Thanks Cal i already have a PR visa, as wife is Australian, and a job offer with VW garage, its just a recruitment company got in touch with me as i am arriving in Perth on June 20th and had applied for a few jobs to get a feel of employment, and they are asking some questions and what qualifications i had. When i worked for Audi we all have to do exams to be approved and was told this is accepted in USA and Australia. Thanks for getting back to me.

Kirk

I wouldnt worry about converting them, just tell them the UK qualification names. Well done on the job offer, lots of the main dealers seem to like employing UK mechanics, i think its because they are a little advanced on Aussie mechanics.

Cal x

Archived