HR license

deeacz

Hi can anyone please help me?

My husband is arriving in Perth on 16th June, he needs to get a HR license sorted ASAP for his work. I am so confused and really struggling to understand the quickest way to do this.

He has a UK car license, which they recognise, so from what it says on the WA transport site does he just need to go in and obtain a learners permit to be able to take the HR course and tests? Some people are saying he needs to convert his license to a WA one, but other and the website imply that actually he just needs a learner permit for the HR, and as long as he can drive a class C and has done for more than 2 years from a recongised country he can get the lerner permit and do his test?

the problem is that to convert his UK license to a WA the ID they want in the 'C' section wil take months to get!

any help really appreciated

thanks

Hi I hope this is some help I Had a License to drive all UK Trucks, cars and motor bikes when I arrived in OZ 9 years ago I had to take a written test for my car License they would not transfer my HGV Class 1 , I took the MR test 2years ago, book the Driver Training for one day pass the test that day it cost $1000.00

Now if you have got a permanent visa you can transfer your Car,Motor bike straight as soon as you arrive, if you don't have a permanent visa you can drive on your UK License for 6 Months and you don't have to take a written test, and your License covers you as a learners permit.

I live in NSW things could be different in WA

Regards

Hi can anyone please help me?

My husband is arriving in Perth on 16th June, he needs to get a HR license sorted ASAP for his work. I am so confused and really struggling to understand the quickest way to do this.

He has a UK car license, which they recognise, so from what it says on the WA transport site does he just need to go in and obtain a learners permit to be able to take the HR course and tests? Some people are saying he needs to convert his license to a WA one, but other and the website imply that actually he just needs a learner permit for the HR, and as long as he can drive a class C and has done for more than 2 years from a recongised country he can get the lerner permit and do his test?

the problem is that to convert his UK license to a WA the ID they want in the 'C' section wil take months to get!

any help really appreciated

thanks

I think it depends on what classes of vehicle you have on your UK licence and when you got it. I had groups B,C and D on mine, never driven them in my life but they were on my licence as you were allowed to drive them after you passed your test in the UK.

All I did was I went into the Department of transport office in WA with my UK licence and swopped it over to a WA category C licence which covers you for normal cars. I then did the online theory test (the answers are on the wa dept of transport website) and got my HR learners permit. It was a very easy process. I did a two day course with the test at the end and got my HR licence.

I did mine in Bunbury and there were a few lads who had come down from Perth to do the HR course here as there was a big waiting list for courses in Perth. It might be wise to make a few enquiries with some training schools just to see what the waiting time is.

hope this helps

Danny

Archived