Does Child visa 101 need validating?

babybronco

My husband and I were granted PR visa 175 in June 2011, we validated it with a trip to Oz in Nov. 2011, we are planning on emigrating approx June 2014. Since our visa was granted we have had a baby girl. :biggrin: We are aware we need to apply for a child visa 101, and it looks like the current processing time in London (where we need to apply) is 3 months. My question is, do we need to validate the visa with a trip to Oz, and if so, what is the time scale for that? My worry is that if we are granted the visa too quickly, we may have to do an expensive validation trip before we are ready to make the full move! (But then if we leave application till nearer the time and this gets delayed, it may hold up the whole move!)

Any advice much appreciated. Many thanks.

Yes it will need validating 12 months from medical or police certificates ( adults will need police certificates for sponsoring a child) . I'm sure timeline for child 101 is around 7-8 months from London. Timeline on DIAC is a bit out. But if looking to go next year about June you should apply soon.

We had same issue, timelines will vary but I'm sure it was less than 6 months in total. It certainly caught us by surprise how quickly it was granted compared to over a year for ours. We ended up with a validation trip first but it gave us a holiday and a chance to look around for day care and put his name down on waiting lists for the next year.