CO requested documents to email and/or upload?

Maggie2012

About a week ago our CO requested some additional documents which we have emailed. However, having heard nothing and poking around on the site I came across the article (below) where it states that if the visa was lodged online all documents MUST BE uploaded. This is a bit concerning and contradicting. Should we upload the forms we have sent to the CO as well? We have already emailed her what she needed. Anyone had this dilemma before?

[h=1]Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants[/h]

[h=1]GSM – Providing Further Information[/h]This page provides information about providing documentation to support a General Skilled Migration visa application that has been allocated to a case officer. After your application has been allocated to a case officer for assessment, you will be notified and provided with an email address for all future correspondence.

You will be notified if your case officer requires any additional documentation to process your application. If you lodged your application online, any additional documentation must be attached online through the eVisa system. Guidance in attaching documents through the eVisa system is available on our website.

See: Attaching Documents to a General Skilled Migration Visa Application

If you lodged your application by paper, you can provide additional documentation by post, or by scanning and emailing the documents directly to the case officer.

Providing scanned copies of documents is recommended as it is faster. Scanned copies of non-certified original documents are acceptable, provided they are in colour. Black and white copies will only be accepted if they are certified copies. Scanned copies of your Police Clearance Certificates are acceptable for the processing of your application.

Applicants should only send one copy of any correspondence to the department. Please ensure that in the subject line or on a cover sheet you provide either the file reference number or Transaction Reference Number (TRN).

link: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/further-information.htm

I both uploaded the documents and sent them by email. Has your CO confirmed that he/she received the documents? Why won't you just upload them now to the e-visa?

Nope she confirmed nothing. I will upload the additional forms then. Thank you for the advice (although the email stated that they preferred email - just checked)

Nope she confirmed nothing. I will upload the additional forms then. Thank you for the advice (although the email stated that they preferred email - just checked)

I know that the email said better by email:) that is why I am 99.9% sure that your CO already has the documents. But uploading only takes 5min, so why not?

I am sure you will get a grant soon!

Hi, I applied online but a few of our documents didn't upload properly so our CO requested them via email. Did you receive a message (can't remember if it comes from CO or DIAC) giving you a document titled 'request documents or info'? If so, and you've not already opened this, then there's a section marked 'In reply quote' followed by a list of details such as applicant name, date of birth, client ID,... Case Officer...etc. I copied this section into a word document and just copy and pasted it onto every email I sent to ensure it got to my CO. If you've not attached the info then might be worth finding it and re-sending your documents with it on.

Hi, I applied online but a few of our documents didn't upload properly so our CO requested them via email. Did you receive a message (can't remember if it comes from CO or DIAC) giving you a document titled 'request documents or info'? If so, and you've not already opened this, then there's a section marked 'In reply quote' followed by a list of details such as applicant name, date of birth, client ID,... Case Officer...etc. I copied this section into a word document and just copy and pasted it onto every email I sent to ensure it got to my CO. If you've not attached the info then might be worth finding it and re-sending your documents with it on.

Exactly what we did, however just the feeling that she didn't get the docs because there was no confirmation from her, not even a one liner while everyone else seems to have some degree of communication/feedback with the CO. So I uploaded everything to the site (and hope will not cause an angry reaction from her) on top of the email sent.

I know that the email said better by email:) that is why I am 99.9% sure that your CO already has the documents. But uploading only takes 5min, so why not?

I am sure you will get a grant soon!

Well, we only lodged a day before you did on the 24th. But that means nothing :-)

Archived