Confusions in VISA application - Suggestions from experts plz!

Mirwais

I have just got NSW sponsorship and preparing to lodge visa application by my own since it is very simple. But still, I have these confusions:

- My wife is pregnant and we are expecting a baby in Jan 14. What are the options available to me cox I can not delay VISA application beyond 26 July 13 cox the invitation will lapse? One option is to get everything processed very quickly and leave for Oz b4 Dec 13 but that is not very convenient. Another option is not to include dependents in VISA application and check the "dependents who will move in future" kind of box in the visa application and apply for myself only but again, that will need medical examination of my wife, especially X-rays, which I want to avoid. Thirdly, is there any arrangement whereby I can request my case officer to delay the processing of visa of my son and wife till the birth and process my visa as usual?

Comments plz...

- I have 5 years pre-qualification and 2-years post-qualification experience but in the EOI I did not mention work experience since these were not skilled employment. Now in the VISA application and form 80, and may be some other forms, require employment history, shall I mention all my 7 years work experience in VISA application and related forms? Or should I avoid it as they will create confusion over the points and not comply with EOI.

Suggestions please....

Lodge your application and then put it on hold until your wife can do the medicals.

Do not apply for yourself only, it is incredibly stupid thing to do and I have only ever seen it cause problems later.

Your points will be decided on what you put on your EOI, therefore if you have not claimed for work experience, it is not going to matter. You need to prove that the points you have claimed you have.

As for your wife, it is usual for applications to be put on hold once they are lodged due to the chest xray with pregnancy.

You should tell your CO regarding your wifes pregnancy, then hold of on doing all medicals and police checks until baby is born. Once baby is born, you need to fill in form 1022, give copy of birth certificate then passport once you get it. Then get your medicals done. You have 12 months from earliest date of medicals or police checks to validate all visas, therefore do them to early will leave you with limited time.

All your other options are very complicated, i.e. if you leave your wife off the application( non-migrating dependent) you will then need to apply for a Partner visa, which can take 8-12 months. Partner visa require alot of information regarding your relationship, and depending on how long you have been together, she may only get a temporary visa, which is only made PR after 2 years.

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions. I will surely hold my case.

Still not clear on my employment. I have left EOI blank for employment portion, should i mention all my employment history of 3+ years in visa application and form 1221?

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions. I will surely hold my case.

Still not clear on my employment. I have left EOI blank for employment portion, should i mention all my employment history of 3+ years in visa application and form 1221?

I also did not mention any work experience related information in my EOI other than those for which I have claimed points. But when I lodged my visa application I mentioned all my experience covering last 10 years.

There would be hundreds of questions coming to your mind throughout this visa process and you can never be sure of these things.... take chances and eventually can find out from your own experience.

Archived