Cost of removals within OZ

Just had a rough quote of $8.500 plus $750 for insurance ... Applying for a job and want to know what costs are involved just incase the job is offered.

The trip is 1.500 km pack 50 cubic metres, we have over quoted the meter age ... Brought 30 plus bought another 2 sofas .. Some bookcases .. Bikes .. American fridge freezer .. Top loader washer & a tumble dryer .. Bbq's .. Other bits

Has anyone done a similar move if so what was the cost & can anyone recommend a reliable company for a reasonable price.

Thanks guys x LS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest The Pom Queen

My goodness $8500 is steep if that's coming to where I think it is and we moved a 4 bed house, well not the house but its contents.

​ We paid $5000 Melbourne to Cairns and $2000 to get the car up here.

Guest The Pom Queen

Insurance Suncorp do it, I am sure that was $300 and covered everything I will see if I can find it

My goodness $8500 is steep if that's coming to where I think it is and we moved a 4 bed house, well not the house but its contents.

​ We paid $5000 Melbourne to Cairns and $2000 to get the car up here.

thanks Hun, yes we think its a lot, enough to stop us going tbh ... and that's not including the car or the dog ....

Hopefully we will find a company who doesn't charge a kings ransom :wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen
thanks Hun, yes we think its a lot, enough to stop us going tbh ... and that's not including the car or the dog ....

Hopefully we will find a company who doesn't charge a kings ransom :wubclub:

You could even look at back loading

Insurance Suncorp do it, I am sure that was $300 and covered everything I will see if I can find it

Thanks, we are with sun corp for our contents insurance .... still trying to get over that quote ..... It cost us 3.000 euro to get to Brisbane then $1500 up to where we are plus a shipping agent $3.000 still not as much as the quote we have had ....

Guest The Pom Queen
​Whats back loading?

If there is a wagon say doing a delivery from Cairns to Melbourne they may have room on the truck going down to Melbourne or an empty truck coming back. I have emailed a contact I have to see if they can help but 50 cubic m may be too much. Also you could look at doing one way van rentals, we couldn't do this from Vic but it is an option if staying in Qld.

​Who did you get the quote off that cost $8000

If there is a wagon say doing a delivery from Cairns to Melbourne they may have room on the truck going down to Melbourne or an empty truck coming back. I have emailed a contact I have to see if they can help but 50 cubic m may be too much. Also you could look at doing one way van rentals, we couldn't do this from Vic but it is an option if staying in Qld.

​Who did you get the quote off that cost $8000

Cheers Hun x x

oh deleted it and said he can't remember ... Typical really I think it was MEM ?

Guest The Pom Queen

Love shoes, just looking and for our move it was $5600 but we had 28 cubic metres and that was for a family of 5, are you sure 50 cubic metres is right? I would make use of some free on site quotes if I was you.

Guest The Pom Queen

Door to Door A$ 5624.00

Quotation based on a surveyed volume of 28 cubic meters.

Quotation based on goods being sent via 1 x 20 ft sole use rail container.

Quotation includes client to pack all cartons and Crown to professionally wrap all furniture.

Quotation includes plasma cartons and packing of the 2 x TV's.

The above rates are inclusive of GST.

Our services, relating to the items listed on the attached inventory, include:

Supply of packing materials and packing at your home.

Preparation of an itemised inventory.

Uplift of all items from your residence, transportation and direct delivery into your new residence.

Unpacking and clearing away of all waste materials, as required on delivery day.

Delivery to ground/1st floor , with good access, weekdays during normal removals hours of 8am to 2pm starts.

Requests for delivery outside these hours or poor access, long carries may lead to additional costs.

​Ours fit in to a 20ft container

Archived