Help help help

chrispym

Hi i need some advice I have some outstanding fines.... approx $5331 and a conviction for drink driving in Australia on my 1st WHV and I am heading home in a few days and I am just wondering if anybody has any experience in applying for a 2nd year visa with this sort of conviction and will the outstanding fines affect me getting the 2nd year visa and coming back into the country?, I will be setting up a payment plan to pay off the fines but its hard as i am a backpacker would they refuse me a 2nd year because of the conviction even if i start to pay the fines off?.... only helpful info please i know what i done was wrong and dont need to be reminded of it thanks very much :)

There are certain debts to the government that will definitely prevent a visa being granted and would need to be repaid in full first. I do not know if your particular debts will fall into that category, but it is certainly a possibility.

As rupert says, they will not issue a visa if you owe money to the state. I'm guessing fines will fall into this category. Although I have no experience of this.

That is a hell of a lot of fines (I'm incredulous as to how you managed it).

Maybe you could go back to the uk, work hard to pay off your fines and then apply?

Archived