Who do I need to notify when leaving for Oz???

LGannon

So ive been planning ahead for the big move and just wondering if theres anyone I need to make aware that Im leaving the country???

Of course I will be keeping my bank account here and authorising my mums use of my account so the bank will have knowledge.

And obviously mr tax man will be informed, but do i need to do anything else other than my credit card company? I dont own a car, or mortgage. Living with the parents till the move.

Does anyone know what to do with medical history? Ive been with the same doctors since birth! Is it wise to ask for a brief medical run down to take with me?? I dont have anything wrong with me but due to previous history and family medical conditions i was wondering if i should. Or can they access this info from Oz????

Help and experience would be appreciated!

I didn't officially inform anyone, not even the tax man, I just did a tax return the next time it was due and ticked not resident box.

If you receive anything like child benefit you should inform the department.

Other than that I can't see any reason why you should inform anyone, other than if you want your post sent to your new overseas address of course.

Unless you have any serious medical conditions, there is no need to bring medical records.

Everything rupert said :) and your medical records are destroyed after 10years so if theres anything you really need then get a copy but otherwise you don't need them. Il be getting my maternity records as had 2 premature babies and bad pregnancies just in case I'm crazy enough to have a 3rd lol.

Good luck :)

Would it be worth telling the taxman even if your not self employed? I'm coming over in Sept and wondering :laugh:

Yes it is! Incase u have paid too much tax and ur be able to get a rebate.

In my work my bonus each month differs and by the time i leave i would have only worked for 8 months of the year. I done this before when i left for my whv a few years back. Was a nice lil extra pocket money to take

Would it be worth telling the taxman even if your not self employed? I'm coming over in Sept and wondering :laugh:

I just did a tax return and got overpaid tax back that way. I didn't write a letter "Dear Mr Taxman, This is to inform you that I am moving to Australia...." That is what I meant when I said I didn't tell anyone.

Everything rupert said :) and your medical records are destroyed after 10years so if theres anything you really need then get a copy but otherwise you don't need them. Il be getting my maternity records as had 2 premature babies and bad pregnancies just in case I'm crazy enough to have a 3rd lol.

Good luck :)

Thanks Kel!

10years? I didnt know that!

Think i should be ok. The oh is gonna have a word with his gp (who ill register with) see if he wants anything to be on the safe side!

I just did a tax return and got overpaid tax back that way. I didn't write a letter "Dear Mr Taxman, This is to inform you that I am moving to Australia...." That is what I meant when I said I didn't tell anyone.

Yea its simple enough. Last time i just rang them up and they sent out my cheque. Easy.

Yes it is! Incase u have paid too much tax and ur be able to get a rebate.

In my work my bonus each month differs and by the time i leave i would have only worked for 8 months of the year. I done this before when i left for my whv a few years back. Was a nice lil extra pocket money to take

​Legend, have some reps for that... How long was it before you told them?

Archived