AQF III Carpenter from Vetassess

familyof4

When you pass the practical assessment with vetassess and you receive a AQF III, can this then be used to claim 10 points under the educational qualifications where it states 'You have completed a trade qualification for award by an Australian educational institution.' or 'You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation.'

Has anyone done this themselves when the points are vital and been successful in obtaining a 190 visa?

This was in a reply I received from DIAC when querying the AQF III 10 points issue;

AQFIII is not a qualification in itself but is based on your existing qualifications, so do not enter it as a separate qualification. If you are asked to provide details of your existing

qualifications - course start dates etc. - please provide those details.

Hope that helps.

I should have explained for anyone else reading, that was when the AQF III is obtained through skills assessment.

Assuming your OH has a qualification in his trade to pass the skills assessment with Vetassess, have you counted the 10 points you will get from that?

Is he able to pass the skills assessment without one?

Yes, because he has provided all the paperwork to vetassess and received a level 1 outcome.

You don't have to have a qualification due to so many tradies learning on the job, you just have to prove you can do it.

When you pass the practical assessment with vetassess and you receive a AQF III, can this then be used to claim 10 points under the educational qualifications where it states 'You have completed a trade qualification for award by an Australian educational institution.' or 'You have attained a qualification or award recognised by the relevant assessing authority in determining your skills for your nominated occupation.'

I don't understand, why have you copied the question?

When u go into skillselect and look at the break down for that section it states the qualifacation had to b gained in australia im sure . Have a look. We were in same situ as u family of 4 . My husband is carpenter n i thought he could claim points for having a trade and for AQF but u can only have one or the other so he is sitting IELTS 8th june 3rd time lucky hopefully . Fingers crossed

Yes, because he has provided all the paperwork to vetassess and received a level 1 outcome.

You don't have to have a qualification due to so many tradies learning on the job, you just have to prove you can do it.

Good stuff! In that case, I would double check the AQF for points. My query to DIAC was based on having an existing qualification, so different to your situation.

Good stuff! In that case, I would double check the AQF for points. My query to DIAC was based on having an existing qualification, so different to your situation.

You have a good point there. I have been all over the DIAC website trying to find the answer because you don't seem to be able to send them an email now Skill Select is there.

I will keep looking. Thank you.

You have a good point there. I have been all over the DIAC website trying to find the answer because you don't seem to be able to send them an email now Skill Select is there.

I will keep looking. Thank you.

This was the one I used: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe/english/

From the wording in the reply I received, I am inclined to think you won't be able to claim points for it, but fingers crossed for you. Are you claiming points for work experience?

This was the one I used: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe/english/

From the wording in the reply I received, I am inclined to think you won't be able to claim points for it, but fingers crossed for you. Are you claiming points for work experience?

Thanks for that form, I managed to find it about an hour ago so I have sent them a message. It says I should hear back within 2 working days.

The OH is claiming 10 points for the overseas employment due to vetassess letter saying the paperwork is equivalent to 3 years training and that left him with 5 years for the experience.

Thanks for that form, I managed to find it about an hour ago so I have sent them a message. It says I should hear back within 2 working days.

The OH is claiming 10 points for the overseas employment due to vetassess letter saying the paperwork is equivalent to 3 years training and that left him with 5 years for the experience.

Have you checked that pre-qualification (before AQF issued) experience will count for the points? I have seen many threads discussing pre/post qualification experience, and whether this can be used for points or not. It sounds like you have done your homework, but I have seen so much confusion about this one too, so thought it worth a check.

Have you checked that pre-qualification (before AQF issued) experience will count for the points? I have seen many threads discussing pre/post qualification experience, and whether this can be used for points or not. It sounds like you have done your homework, but I have seen so much confusion about this one too, so thought it worth a check.

Those where the 10 points for the pre-qualification, he has only had his own business for 8 years and no other experience for the trade before that.

Thank you for trying.

Archived