New tra fees , help needed

Jupiter19

TRA has raised their fees, starting May the 6th. We have paid 300 $ in April for a review, and are sending the papers on Wednesday. We have instructions from TRA, and payable amount is 300 $, because they have sent us a letter in April, before the outrageous increase of fees. What I do not know is should we pay 900 $ or 300 $ ? Are old prices valid for existing applicants and new prices for new applicants ? I have checked on their site, no words about old applicants who are in the process already. Anyone in the same boat ? :mad:

hi jupiter19, if you paid/got a bank draught with a date before 6th may it should be fine. we rang TRA and the lady said they would honor applications with payments made before the 6th may. we paid our $300 on the 5th via online payment portal but wont be sending the stuff for another couple of weeks yet. you should be fine

Thanks a lot, I have sent them an e-mail, but they usually reply after one week, and we are sending the papers on Wednesday. I will call them on Monday, but I do not expect a straightforward answer, because who knows who will answer the phone. We have already paid by Money order, a friend of mine from Australia did it on our behalf, and sent us the payment, so it would be extremely complicated for us to add 600 $ payment, it can not be done from our country, do not know why. I just hope, for all the new applicants that the increase in fees will mean the increase in service and in quality. Because at least 50 % of applicants are unsuccessful at start, but after paying additional fee and sending more or less similar papers, their outcome turn to successful. The problem is that it cost 600 $, and now the assessment and a review will cost 1900 $. That is a lot of money, some immigrants come from countries where the month salary is 300 $ ( like I do ), and many will give up because they do not have that amount of money.

Archived