Schools Recommended!!!

speed1439

Hi,

I am flying to Perth on 14th September now i have my PR Visa granted.

I am initially staying in a holiday Let in Cooloongup for the first 4 weeks whilst i set up and try and find a long term rental. One of the main focul points for the search will be schools for my children (aged 5 and 3) I have been looking into areas and the below list is are some of the areas we are considering.

Atwell

Aubin Grove

Leeming

Coogee

Beeliar

South / North Lake

Cockburn

Secret Harbour

Baldivis

Rockingham

Port Kennedy

Any Advice / Help / Recommendations in terms of schooling for the above areas will be extremely appreciated.

Thank You

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest55385

IMO the schools here are terrible. You can see the schools details on this website. Go to the bottom of the page and click 'view results in numbers'. These are naplan results. If you've come from a good UK school, it'll be a bit of a shock. Education is limited, prescriptive and understimulating: http://www.myschool.edu.au/

Hi,

I am flying to Perth on 14th September now i have my PR Visa granted.

I am initially staying in a holiday Let in Cooloongup for the first 4 weeks whilst i set up and try and find a long term rental. One of the main focul points for the search will be schools for my children (aged 5 and 3) I have been looking into areas and the below list is are some of the areas we are considering.

Atwell

Aubin Grove

Leeming

Coogee

Beeliar

South / North Lake

Cockburn

Secret Harbour

Baldivis

Rockingham

Port Kennedy

Any Advice / Help / Recommendations in terms of schooling for the above areas will be extremely appreciated.

Thank You

James

Hi James

From your list of schools I see that you are hoping to reside in the southern suburbs as far down as Rockingham. I do not have any personal contact or views of schools in the areas you mention, but local reputation would exclude Port Kennedy, Rockingham or Cockburn PS, and suggest that schools in Atwell, Aubin Grove, Leeming, Beeliar and Baldivis would be worth a look. However be aware that whilst schools in the catchment area where you live have to accept your children, it is very hard to enrol your children at a school when you do not live in their catchment area. This is for government schools of course, private schools being totally different.

Can I suggest that you also post on PerthPoms.... link at the bottom of the page.... I am sure you will get more replies from that site. Wishing you good luck as it is so hard to look at schools when not in the country yet!

Archived