emigrating from uk to australia

leekaren11

hi everyone we are a couple and engaged we spent a year in oz from 2011-2012 we loved it my brother has emigrated on a spouse visa he now lives in Brisbane and has done for a few years we've been over a few times and now we have decided to emigrate ourselves i am 33 karen is 28 i am a carpenter and karen a top hair technician stylist with toni and guy we do have a sponsorship possibility with toni and guy but we would like to get a visa off our own backs so we would not be restricted to one company for work it would also limit our plans for us to have a baby once were settled basically i would appreciate any help advice any one can give us also if there is any good immigration lawyers in uk or should we do it ourself on the immi .aus website

​cheers any help welcomed!!

If your case is simple and reading what you have put it seems it, then there is nothing to stop you doing it yourself.

If you do decide to use an agent, two that are highly regarded are Go Matilda and George Lombard. The advantage is that if there are any issues, they can be a huge help and also take away some of the stress - it is a stressful process. But, you pay for the privalage

I agree with Verystormy. From what you say. To appear to have a simple case. Do your research well. If you have the required qualifications and you do not have any visa issues (criminal record, complex medical history, etc...). Then you can do it yourself.

We used a registered migration agent and they were very professional and there were no issues. I had already done the research. I told the agent what visa we wanted to apply for. We had already done the skills assessment and English tests. The agent gave me the immigration forms to complete and I sent them back in a week with copies of all the documents required. So for their fee, 'all' the agent did was check the forms, documents and load it onto the migration website. If I had to do this again I would do it myself and save the money. There are plenty of good people on here that will help you along the way. But the key is do your research. If you decide to use an agent for 'peace of mind' you will find lots of recommendations on PIO.

Good luck with your journey.

ok i do have a very small drug conviction i got caught at the isle of wight festival in 2005 with some cocaine i was charged and got a small fine no prison sentence and have never been in any other trouble how would that affect things ?

Archived