Plumbing Vetassess

chrishardy

Hi there,

I'm booked on to do my plumbing Vetassess practical skill assessment in Belfast this month and I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on what happens? For example practical tests, questions etc??

Any help would be great

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest scrumpy

Its so so easy, you have no worriesat all.

You have to plumb in a WC and basin, none of the pipe work is even tested, just obviously make sure the Durgo is at highest point

Also have to do some screwed iron and 22mcopper work from a pretend gas meter to a pretend boiler, you have to air test this,when I done it the college didnt have any PTFE so just tested on boss-wipe!!

Its like being back at college (20yrs ago for me!), you in a bay and you can see where everyone elses pipe runs have been so just copy, I took all bends and pipe out of the scrapp bin and just put together, its a real p*ss take of a test.

At some point you will be interviewd by an assesor, he has hundreds of questions, but probably only ask you about 20 or so and just ticks the rest as done.

The only ones I had to bluff my way threw , were on septic tanks and fire sprinkler systems(I have nothing todo with then ever at work). The assesor just wants to get home, he will guide you to the right answers!

I had my in North London,turned up at 8.30 gone by 11.45 for £1400.00!!!!

I didnt take any tools and just used the colleges, but most took theres

Anything else , just ask, but seriously you have nothing to worry about

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Just thought I'd drop you a quick message just to say I had my assessment in Belfast yesterday, like you said very easy, didn't even have to do any steel! What's your story now? Are you over in Oz?

Cheers for your help again

Chris

Guest scrumpy

190 visa was granted about 2 weeks ago, were planning on heading over in September, so all gone a bit mad now, gotta get house sorted for rental, sell all the stuff you collect over the years and dont need, winde my business down, lots to do

Guest scrumpy

To be honest I cant remember all the dates and havnt the paper work to hand, but we did use an agent, and from that intitial phone call to getting the visa was 17 months!!

The only hiccup was IELTS , that waisted time as took it 3 times!! I needed 8s acroos the board cos of age (44)

So WA here we come (family of 4), where abouts and when are you hoping to go??

Ahh right, yeah we're hoping to get a WA state sponsored visa and also head to Perth, hoping to be across there for November if everything runs smoothly, have you looked for work yet?

Hi all and good luck . I'm a plumber and moving over there in December . I'm hoping to go back to collage when over there to gain my plumbing licence. We have a validation trip in 6 weeks time and I'm hopefully going to get som advice with the plumbing game ect I will post any thing I find out .

Good luck

​scott

Guest scrumpy

I havent looked for work, but to be honest Ive had enough of plumbing and like to think I can turn my hand to most things. So will see whats about when Im there, Ive always got a trade to fall back on, but really do feel like a change, we will see what happens!

Guest jak2503
I havent looked for work, but to be honest Ive had enough of plumbing and like to think I can turn my hand to most things. So will see whats about when Im there, Ive always got a trade to fall back on, but really do feel like a change, we will see what happens!

good call, loads of work around the plumbing game here without actually working on the tools, hard work laying drains as a 40 plus pom not used to the heat. good luck with the job hunt.

Guest scrumpy
good call, loads of work around the plumbing game here without actually working on the tools, hard work laying drains as a 40 plus pom not used to the heat. good luck with the job hunt.

Glad to hear that, any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Archived