Looking for small car - Perth

Ben and Pea

Hi guys

We'll be arriving in Perth in a week and we're after something on a budget. Got $10k to spend and I know that's not a lot.

Any tips or if anyone has one they are getting rid of, give me a shout so we can have a look.

Cheers,

​Ben

. Please don't buy a car privately for around this price if you are not completely confident in what to look for. There are no mots etc. there is a car background checker www.checkvin.com.au/

There is a car dealer l have found which does cars under $10,000, l don't know them by reputation as l live north of the river. but l hope this helps [h=4]WA KAR MART

216 Rockingham Rd

Hamilton Hill WA 6163

if you go to http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hamilton-hill/cars-vans-utes/2009-ford-falcon-fg-xt-winter-white-5-speed-auto-seq-sportshift-sedan/1014363639 it will give you an idea what they have.... but please be aware that when you buy a car here, take in consideration what other costs might be involved. good place to start http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/1382.asp hope you can find yourself some wheels. :)

Hi guys

We'll be arriving in Perth in a week and we're after something on a budget. Got $10k to spend and I know that's not a lot.

Any tips or if anyone has one they are getting rid of, give me a shout so we can have a look.

Cheers,

​Ben

[/h]

I would buy privately, the car yards in Perth have some dodgy overpriced crap and you get much more for your money privately. Look on gum tree, stick to well known models like hyundia getz, kia rio, holden barina, toyota echo (yaris), ford fiesta. You can get a nearly new one for ten grand!! If you do have that much then maybe go to a larger dealership but avoid the back street small car yards, with less than 8k Id always go private, you can get the car looked at for a small fee if youre really not car savvy

Guest BenInOzz
Hi guys

Cheers,

​Ben

Hi,

I'm a French Engineer leaving Perth in 10 days, and despite of the fact that I sell my car "privately" ;) , I can tell you that it's a good car,

I have to admit that as was also scared to buy a car privately, I bought it 6 months ago from a Korean guy who almost cried seeing me leaving with the car, I knew this was a good deal. It actually is !

It has 182.000km, has been fully serviced, I changed the 4 tyres after buying it, a piece of the exhaust and changed the stereo

I just published a thread regarding this, please have a look : http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/sale-wanted/184775-perth-volkswagen-polo-sale.html

thanks,

Ben

Archived