Teaching in Ballarat

md0u10fd

Hi all,

Been offered a job at a nice private school in Ballarat. However, I've never been there and not sure what the place is like. Does anyone know which areas are nice or is it better to look for a place in between Ballarat and Melbourne say Melton or Bacchus Marsh? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Live in Ballarat, you don't want to be trekking in from Bacchus Marsh every day and you certainly don't want to live in Melton.

Ballarat is a typical old goldrush country town - can be very hot or very cold, is better now the drought has broken.

It all depends on what you want as to where to live - if you want a little miners cottage then the inner areas, if you want a new 4beddie on a sort of estate then Alfredton or if you want rural then try Mt Rowan or Invermay.

Hi Md0u10fd

I live in Ballarat with my family, and my husband also teaches at a private school here, we have been here nearly 18 months. I think it will be the same school !!, Ballarat has a wide range of different parts so I am sure you will find something that suits check out http://www.domain.com.au. I agree with Quoll about the drive. Feel free to ask me anything else or send a private message. Good luck with the move.

Hi Sahara

Yeah I bet it is the same school!! I'm due to start 2014 so have a bit of time to find a place to live etc. House prices don't seem as ridiculous as they are in Melbourne so hopefully I'll be able to get something nice. Are there plenty of things to do in Ballarat? It seems like a nice place.

Archived