Heading to Cairns in May/early June

paul93939

Hi :)

Im new to the forum, and thought i would see if anyone is heading to Cairns soon/ is already there?

Im traveling out alone, so considering doing the ultimate oz package. would be good to know someone beforehand though.

Also will be looking for jobs when i arrive!

Hey there, welcome to the forum!

Im sure you'll have a amazing time in cairns. Best person to ask for any advice is the member called moving to melbourne, thats where she stays.

I've heard a few good things about that package, its obviously a bit of money but i think by the time you add it all up you'd prob pay almost that anyway plus its a good way to make friends. I think they throw in some drinks and meals too but dont quote me on that!

Thanks, Ive seen a few posts by moving to melbourne that have already been very helpful. Thats good to know about ultimate oz, i dont want to be throwing money away!

Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of choosing Cairns over Darwin or vice versa? For jobs and meeting people etc. I have a masters in oceanography so hoping that might help me get a job reef related...

Thanks, Ive seen a few posts by moving to melbourne that have already been very helpful. Thats good to know about ultimate oz, i dont want to be throwing money away!

Does anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of choosing Cairns over Darwin or vice versa? For jobs and meeting people etc. I have a masters in oceanography so hoping that might help me get a job reef related...

Google ultimate oz for reviews, theres another company aswell but i've forgot the name.

Well your degree is more likely to be more usefull in cairns but otherwise im not sure what cairns is like for jobs, i've heard darwin is good for jobs. I wouldnt worry about meeting people, im sure you'll meet loads!