Hello & Can Anyone Help Visa Expired

PhilnFamily

Hello to all on Pomsinoz,

This is my first post on the forum so please be gentle.

I wonder if anyone can help, myself and the family had planned to move to Australia last Oct on a 136 permanent resident visa & had everything booked and ready

to go after a year of planning BUT then my wife was ill and to cut a very long story short needed an operation and follow up tests which meant we had to cancel our move.

Thankfully all went well with Tracey’s operation and she is fine but our 136 visa has now expired and I have been told that to get a Resident Return extension I

will need to have a Job offer which is proving impossible for me to find from the UK.

I have applied to many jobs on Seek.com but I am hitting my head against the wall. I am a Microsoft qualified I.T. engineer but also have a vast electronics background

but I just feel that I am getting nowhere.

Has anyone been in this situation or can offer any advice.

Best Regards

Phil &

Family

Sorry cannot help, which State are you heading to. If you post in the State forum and also look at the Migration forum on here you might find some posts to help you. Its always difficult using Seek in Australia and as you are not here guess makes it even harder, a lot of the jobs are through agencies and they just sift through select a few and ignore the rest. You could try contacting an IT agency in the State you are heading in rather than using the job sites. Also look in the papers of the place you are headed, as a rule jobs are advertised on Wednesday and Saturdays.

Good luck

I don't think a job offer would make any difference to your 136 or getting a RRV. You have to prove ties to Australia and if you have not lived here at all I doubt you have any. If you have not lived here at all in the 5 years you have had the visa I think it might be hard to get an RRV. I think you would have to reapply or look for a sponsor and get a 457. Am no expert though so someone might know different.

I just read your post again, have you just had it for a year and not validated or have you just not moved over within the five years. Either way I think you may have lost it.

Sorry cannot help, which State are you heading to. If you post in the State forum and also look at the Migration forum on here you might find some posts to help you. Its always difficult using Seek in Australia and as you are not here guess makes it even harder, a lot of the jobs are through agencies and they just sift through select a few and ignore the rest. You could try contacting an IT agency in the State you are heading in rather than using the job sites. Also look in the papers of the place you are headed, as a rule jobs are advertised on Wednesday and Saturdays.

Good luck

Thanks Petals,

We was looking to locate near Brisbane but would not be fussy really, I will check out some online papers as really giving up on seek.

I don't think a job offer would make any difference to your 136 or getting a RRV. You have to prove ties to Australia and if you have not lived here at all I doubt you have any. If you have not lived here at all in the 5 years you have had the visa I think it might be hard to get an RRV. I think you would have to reapply or look for a sponsor and get a 457. Am no expert though so someone might know different.

I just read your post again, have you just had it for a year and not validated or have you just not moved over within the five years. Either way I think you may have lost it.

Hi AJ,

I have spoke to agent who said its the only option we have so got to give it a go.

We had a similar situation--my wife was a long term resident and I was granted a provision PR spouse visa. However before we could move, my wife had a fairly major operation and couldn't travel for over a year.

We contacted Australia House and, because we could substantiate the problems, they granted me a new visa that even credited the elapsed time against my two year wait for full PR.

I suspect it depends on who you talk to and their mood but there clearly IS some discretion there if you get lucky.

We had a similar situation--my wife was a long term resident and I was granted a provision PR spouse visa. However before we could move, my wife had a fairly major operation and couldn't travel for over a year.

We contacted Australia House and, because we could substantiate the problems, they granted me a new visa that even credited the elapsed time against my two year wait for full PR.

I suspect it depends on who you talk to and their mood but there clearly IS some discretion there if you get lucky.

Thank you for that,

I have spoke to Australia House before and they where very helpful & like you we can substantiate all the situation so may be worth contacting them.

Archived