RSMS 187 Visa 8 momths into 457 visa

KathleenandCraig

After just 8 months in Oz on a 457 visa we were pursuaded to go PR through the direct entry stream by my employer. It has been really quick and less than 4 weeks later we have the first 2 stages ticked off (employer lodge nomination with SA Immigration and lodge online application). My employer now wants me to lodge our application. We have completed the online form but have a few questions which we hoped that might be answered by someone who has been through the process themselves recently.

• Do we list our current roles which we came over with on our 457 visa? If so what do you list as the end date seeing as we can't leave it blank etc?
  • Will our certified documents from the UK which we used for the 457 visa last August still be valid for this application?
  • My partner is a Nurse and had to do a medical for the 457 visa, is this still valid for the RSMS visa?
  • Do we need new police checks? We thought we read we should only get Australian checks if we had lived here longer than 12 months, which we haven't.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Hello.

Certified documents, I would imagine so.

Yes you list your current role. I did mine on paper, so just put 'now' so not sure how it works online.

Medicals will need to be redone as firstly they only last a year, and secondly the medical for pr is slightly different from that of a 457 (blood tests etc too).

Police checks are the same as medicals, they last a year. If you have not lived in oz for a year then you won't need them, BUT the rsms visa can take quite a long time (mine took five months, some people are over a year) so chances are you will need it by the time they process your visa.

​Good luck.

Archived