Only child wanting parents to migrate . Anyone had experience ?

fitnesstasha

My Gran died last year (she was in her late 80s and had dementia) but I know that if she had been alive and 15 years younger when we moved, she would have been out here like a shot (and staying for good). It would have been a delight to have her and I know she would happily have paid the $40k, but she was more like a mum to me than a Gran and I adored her. She would have adored it here, loved the warmth and been making friends with bus drivers and the neighbours before you could have blinked. I honestly believe we would not have seen her during the day as she would permanently be on a trip to the shops or having a cup of tea with the neighbours.

I just feel sad that I met my husband and had kids in my 30s, and then emigrated late 30s, so it was never possible. Had it all happened 10 years earlier she could have spent her final years here very happily.

Never mind. Can't do anything about it so shouldn't grieve about it!

Candy girl - Fair enough!

As to moving or not moving, I think the money for the 'quick' visa is not begrudged by anyone in this position but for some it would mean the removal of a 'security cushion' which is very hard to take.

We actually thought about emmigrating in 1974 but I am quite sure that if we had, our daughter would now be in London or somewhere:-) we are just a wandery sort of family.

Que sera sera :-)

Archived